Oil slick chrome MBS wheels

Yall are gonna blind people with trippy reflections and cause some accidents :joy:

6 Likes

That’s fiiiine…

3 Likes

Between this and the HyperTrucks, man.

Stop the hate! ;0

(Rich, I know)

3 Likes

Lol. I actually have one similar to this. Real bright at night.

3 Likes

The trucks fit the haero deck better, I think.

19 Likes

11 Likes

On an automotive perspective, its illegal to have flashy aesthetics like these pasted on car bodies for example in my region. Not sure if it’s legal in other places. Very nice indeed :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I’d ask that specificly @NoWind.
@DerelictRobot Here the measurements.
109x60mm
The axle hole is 29mm deep. These are offset hubs.

1 Like

America (well at least most states) say no external blue or red lights but they won’t pull you over for it unless they’re flashing. They’ll give you an extra ticket if they pull you over for speeding and you’re driving a rasta’d out 98 accord with rasta underglow though. Definitely wasnt my first car…

6 Likes

Ah ok, the lights make sense. Don’t wanna have any folks impersonating the cops :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Yes as I wrote it. Does it sound too good to be true or why you don’t believe me? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I would say yes it fits, do you have pics of the wheel pulley? I see there is a bearing, are the mounting holes of the pulley threaded or not?

You use Rockstar II hubs so the outer bearing distance is 38mm and that’s the space you have.
E-Toxx: 24mm (outer bearing distance) + 1mm (hub flange) + 6,25mm hub adapter = 31,25mm

There are different ways to mount the hub adapters, here both sides.

I only have Trampa pulleys so here for example with 62T pulley

Pulley bolted to the threaded holes of the hub adapter

Now I would use sockethead bolts and lock nuts on the hub adapter on the pulley side

The distance of the pulley could be adjusted with washers between hub adapter and pulley.

If like in your case the hole of the pulley is not that big you have to use washers for sure. But you have still 6,75mm space left on your axle so that should be possible.

It’s also possible to use the inner bolt pattern of the hubs and mount the bolts in reverse if needed.

7 Likes

@rich i still don’t get it.
People wrote the hubs have mbs bolt pattern as well. I can’t see that on the etoxx hubs, but might be just me not realizing the real size of the hub.
Is this mbs hub bolt pattern?

4 Likes

It’s a couple hundred dollars on the line if they don’t work well for my application, so trying to be safe rather than sorry.

Appreciate the very in depth post & pictures, thanks again!

I want to be just like you when I grow up!

6 Likes

If they don’t fit, sent them to me.
I take that christmas present also in the new year. No worries!

7 Likes

The 10 circles in the middle of the hub:

• 5 are spaced at 50mm diameter around axle (trampa)
  • 5 are spaced at 40mm diameter around axle (mbs)

Both 5mm bolt sized holes

4 Likes

That’s wrong info, you only get MBS bolt pattern with the additional MBS hub adapter and Trampa bolt pattern with Trampa hub adapter. The hub adapters were made to mount superstar or rockstar II hubs to E-toxx gears but they could be used the other way, too.

No, it’s bigger. But even if it would be the same, you couldn’t use it because there are threaded holes inside the second (outer) part of the hub, there are no nuts or bolts visible like on all the other hubs out there :grin:.

Just for clarification:
axle center to hole center distance for the bolts which hold the hub together: 44mm
axle center to hole center distance (5 outer hub holes in the middle): 25mm (for 50T E-toxx maxi drive)
axle center to hole center distance (5 inner hub holes in the middle): 20mm (for 40T E-toxx mini drive)

:point_up:

7 Likes

This is what jens told me to make me think otherwise.

So he’s referring to bolt pattern diameter, not from axle?

2 Likes

Basically he is writing the same as me but he is talking about diameter and me about radius (center to center distance) but both is correct and referring to the axle (or center of hub). I wasn’t sure what’s the common standard way to state bolt patterns, but diameter could be common, sorry for confusion.

50mm diameter = 25mm radius (center to center) maxi drive
40mm diameter = 20mm radius (center to center) mini drive

4 Likes

Anybody have an idea how much jensos hubs are? I see a lot of @ him, but no comment.

I’m going to move forward with the MBS hubs if it looks like a multiple month wait for the etoxx hubs (I know you can’t rush perfection).

2 Likes