Oil slick chrome MBS wheels

Maybe we can convince them to just make them this way for a limited order? Pay extra, whatever. Group buy?

3 Likes

Lol who would do that? :grin:

3 Likes

Baja. Makes for terrible reception :rofl:

2 Likes

@DerelictRobot
Almost

I dont exactly know. There is likely a chroming step (duh) and then some kind of oxide finishing step.

I’m guessing microns thin for decorative business.

2 Likes

Meme time? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I would say yes, I think @Andy87 use them on 9" hubs. But keep in mind they are 85mm wide.

9 Likes

Hmmm…

Looking at all the options available, is there a spray can version of this that might achieve a similar effect?

The brand I always use just released a ‘hologram’ spray paint, which is sprayed over a black undercoat, looks pretty neat.

6 Likes

Not the same, but those as well should definitely fit onto the etoxx hubs

4 Likes

And just so we are clear, these wheels have a bolt hub pattern that is designed for e-toxx drives, but there is an hub adapter for MBS & Trampa pattern pulleys available as well?

2 Likes

Do you mean hubs?

1 Like

Yes.

To expand on what I’m trying to accomplish:

My LoveChild build uses HyperTrucks & Rockstar2 wheel hubs, but I’d like to go up to 9" wheels. I’m limited on axle length, so the Five-stars are a no-go.

I’d like to be able to still use the HyperTrucks wheel pulleys if possible due to their integration with the HyperTruck axle, so hoping I could use these new E-Toxx hubs with a hub plate adapter to attach my existing wheel pulley (understanding that spacing is still an unknown factor).

3 Likes

What I can do tonight, is taking some measurements of my hubs.

1 Like

Good or bad news? Jens will ask his anodize supplier for the oil slick variant, if he can do it.

11 Likes

Good news!

3 Likes

They would match my rainbow chroma titanium hardware. I’d be so so down.

2 Likes

Not gonna lie, I was kinda pissed when I saw some people buying these trucks as it was my plan. Especially you dicks putting them on the DW2 deck or with a trippy space theme (cough @KfromtheBay)

Now I’m starting to feel the brotherhood. I’m going to make matching t shirts with oil slick vinyl of our gang name.

Or we can just all wear these

M01JK55-IRI_1_large

15 Likes

Ok, looks like I need to get some of this trucks too! And than hubs :joy:

4 Likes

Jacket first though.

They have vests too lol

2 Likes

And that’s just for 150$ … uhhh ja

3 Likes

We should ask lazy rolling to do a run of oil slick design jackets :sweat_smile:

5 Likes