OhMyKase! • First shorty kicktail build

Success! The new gasket I cut worked out very well. Stuck down on the deck using double stick tape. Used M4x25 screws on the enclosure and got it held down nice and secure. Sliced a small V notch in the front of the gasket to feed the loop key wire loom in. Took it for a quick analog rip around the driveway and I really can’t wait to get this thing going. I might print a slightly higher riser for the rear because the adjustable angle on the rear makes it sit a bit lower (due to the angle) than the front, so it sort of has a little bit of a 50’s gasser look to it. Also might not do anything about that because it feels fine.

13 Likes

New goodies from @fujio001 at MAD. Crazy how fast parts can get here from Hawaii to MA. One step closer!

7 Likes

@AlexB are you a native masshole?

1 Like

Almost there. Put in a Flipsky V6 Bluetooth module for easier tuning (description says Android only but that’s a bold faced lie). Worked fine with my iPhone. Got my BN 40T pulleys on and swapped out the 10mm bushings for some 8mm (not step down axles).

Printed some little dorky M4 screw retainers because why not. Attached all my motor wires and ready to roll once I go through and loctite and tighten everything down. Also need to double check I have belts that’ll fit and get my bushing stuff all together.

6 Likes

Yes sir!

As luck would have it I have one pair of 290 belts that fit with the motors out all the way. Next closest I have are a bunch of 275’s that are just too short. Looks like some 280-285’s are in order but I can at least get this thing moving under its own power. My goal is to have it moving tomorrow with any luck

1 Like

Got this little guy buttoned up today. Went through all the bolts and used 242 and 271 Loctite where needed. I ended up swapping my front baseplate from the adjustable BN one to a fixed 50° BN one to drop the ride height a bit to match the rear. Had to pop open the enclosure and put a fuse in the fuse holder. Also had to mess with the VX4 a bit to make sure it was working and after some fighting it conceded and started working. It’s freakin cold here but got to take it out for it’s maiden voyage finally. What a fun little board. I am going to loosen the trucks up a bit more and dial it in but it’s a fun little wheelie machine. Only
Had it up to 20mph or so and that was plenty for this little guy and for the first time out :metal:t2:

14 Likes

Congrats! :partying_face:

1 Like

Please tell me you plan to raise the motors up higher :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Super cool machine. Seriously.

I’d get really used to the machine before you start pushing top speeds.

2 Likes

I love the cable management dude.

Totally gonna copy that.

1 Like

I’ve seen a lot of boards on here, and this is one of the few where I just really want to ride that

2 Likes

Yes I don’t think I’ll be chasing a top speed on this thing any time soon! I am totally cool rocking this thing around 12-15mph all day long.

I did have them one notch higher on the mounts, but they were making contact with the deck when turning. I could see about smoothing the sharp corners of the motor mount to allow for some extra room, but not sure if it would clear. I don’t really want to add any extra height to the risers but we’ll see. I would like to try and get them higher

hey alex. I must admit that your build looks absolutely stunning to me.
I love these reverse motor mounts you did. Really jealous of your big battery!

like to throw in my current waterborned version of the Omakase:

3 Likes

Thanks! I’m hoping I’ll be able to stick with the forward mounted motors and not run into any issues. Absolute worst case I can flip ‘em and mount them in the rear but I don’t want anything hindering the fun kick tail part :sweat_smile:

yes, absolutely.
I would surely favor risers over rear mount.

2 Likes

Dig a notch in the deck right where they hit?

Risers sound worse than they are, once you ride them.

2 Likes

hehe. maybe thats a kind of personal taste.
I also like “surfy” feeling.

on one of my boards, I did a “cut” throu the deck to maximize freedom. fun part is, that you can feel the motor mounts on your feet in tight turns…

3 Likes