OhMyKase! • First shorty kicktail build

You could consider getting these mounts.
They would a nice touch.

1 Like

Those are nice mounts, and my goto unless I need really tight clearances, then I use the enertion mounts.

2 Likes

I tried :rofl: but BN was being BN. Maybe in the future I’ll consider attempting to buy another set. The ones I have are the older style of the same mount

2 Likes

I can send you my extra set if you replace them…

1 Like

But really dude. You could take your plates off and grind away at them and make them shorter and rounder.

Ger basically the same effect for free.

1 Like

I agree; a hand file goes a long, long way. Or a grinder for larger amounts.

3 Likes

If your motor cans are hitting something, just wrap them with griptape, and watch the thing they’re hitting disappear.

2 Likes

Yep.
Take them off. Bolt them together. Clamp them down and go at it with a hand file.

Also a sharpie will make the edges black again and it’s passable…

2 Likes

Sounds like a good project. I have a grinder bolted to my work bench, will have to have a go at this

1 Like

I’m not 100% sure if Boardnamics has done this, but on a lot of motor mounts if you flip the clamps around you get different mount angles available

1 Like

I’ll check that out too :+1:

1 Like

This was when I first mocked up the motor mounts and they were in the highest position I could get, before I realized they were hitting the deck when turning. Looking at the pic, I could probably shave off a decent chunk if I smooth out that corner

1 Like

Yeah you could remove at least a centimeter or more it looks like.

1 Like

Sounds like a fun project to me. Let the sparks fly

Do eet! Will look so much better.

1 Like

Aluminum won’t actually spark, sadly. And it might clog up your file and abrasives. But it’s fine.

1 Like

That’s true, it’ll just make a grey dusty mess but that’s ok. Unfortunately we just tossed our bandsaw we had in my shop at work which could have made quick work of the initial shape so I’ll be grinding and filing away.

1 Like

Hmmmm how minimal is too minimal? :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

That material is just along for the ride, #3 for me.

1 Like