Off topic, debate , i don't agree

My priority build is a lightweight point A - B board personally. Just something that works. Might not be great for group rides, or racing. But it gets me to the store and back.

Next is something i can take on group rides and keep up.

Emtb is at the end of this list. But thats just me. I don’t have areas i frequent enough to justify a $1200 + off road board coming first.

thanks, i think i’ll just make a point a - b board next and then work on an emtb if I have money in my wallet. (or where I hide it from my brother)

Are e-switches included in BMS unreliable as well? I’ve been using my e-switch for almost a year without any problems. The additional cost of having a BMS with one is around the same as a dedicated anti-spark.

Someone more intelligent will come along and explain why but yes, bms switches are reliable for the most part

1 Like

My understanding is yes? But they tend to be bigger and space is valuable in esk8.
Not sure why otherwise that’s not a more popular route.

1 Like

You’ve taken all the fun out of derailing a thread dude.

Also its confusing me.

3 Likes

It’s not necessarily for every time but for when you really want to dive into a conversation

To slow
Was gonna wait but I’m going to bed

I love that though. Thats conversation. If its stupid trolling then fine but anything within a thread is part of that thread. Some of the most fun back and forths have come out of the blue and give the forum its personality. Just my 2 cents brother.

Sorry, wife was standing in the doorway of the bedroom in next to nothing glaring at me cuz I was staring at my phone waiting for your response last night lol. Had to put it away.

I definitely don’t want this thread to be used for every time people go off topic.

And it’s not something I expect or want the mods to enforce at all

This is more for when you’re on somebody else’s thread talking to somebody (that’s not the op) and want to finish an argument that isn’t related to said thread.

I love it when certain threads go off topic. I do it alot. But it does irritate me in certain threads. Like how too threads and sales threads.

If I see a for sale thread with a bunch of items has 83 posts I’m probably not going to even bother to see what’s still available.

6 Likes

I’m going to use it instead of filling others build threads with ‘this deck rules too’ type things , good call!

1 Like

Honesly for me loopkeys haven’t been that reliable, I’ve blown through around 6 of them in my lifetime.I don’t use them anymore though

I’ve only ever heard complaints about loopkeys based on their appearance.
Are you making them correctly? What goes wrong?

I’ve only made a couple of loop keys but can explain failure of my first one. Since the antispark plugs have a resistor on the first part of the plug if the second part isn’t well connected then you can cook the resistor in the plug and it will puff up (the female bullets side got stuck inside the male one pretty good) I think if the connectors are fully seated they’ve been pretty reliable for me. Currently just using anti-spark between the VESC and batteries but don’t have an easy to take off loop, I think it’s still a good idea especially when you’re experimenting with things and was nice to have when working on my custom remote, I’ve become a bit used to riding without it now though (trusting the setup more from use).

1 Like

Don’t really know, it was quite a long time ago and you can’t fuck up making an antispark loopkey unless you’re shit at soldering or just stupid lol. I make my own antisparks now and they’ve been quite good, I’ve been using mine at 13s everyday for quite a couple months now and I push my board to the limit nearly every time I ride.

I’ll send you one if you’d like, just pay BOM price and shipping :wink:

4 Likes

Fuck yeah. Send me a pm

Really… two of you flagged my comment… it’s a joke… if your mother can take a dick, you can take a joke.

I’d love to know how its

" flagged as inappropriate : the community feels it is offensive, abusive, or a violation of our community guidelines. "

Maybe you should go back to builders if you’re so uptight

4 Likes

Someone’s just being a little bitch. Even the guy i trolled got it.
And i did answer one of his questions correctly.

1 Like

Gee thanks @BillGordon

If you feel it rightly belongs in the Noob thread, then push it to Mike. (Most of the others at Thunder as you know.) I’m fine with being overruled if I’m wrong.