NXBoards? Seems promising.

And These boots are made for walking!

2 Likes

So if its been used on a mass produce board for over a year and half that means its in wild who is it? Where can we see this mysterious device?

Or are you saying a board manufacture has been testing it for a year and half?

2 Likes

I designed and built my own F1 engine, and it’s been used in races since 2021. I’m not at liberty to say which team or give specifics, though.

12 Likes

Other than this part, the rest of your statement is true.

I know you don’t, which is why I said I vouch. I’d gladly kick myself off this forum if I’m lying. You can also contact Hobbywing to check.

Let’s just say
 The remote of these new ESCs takes great inspiration from hobbywing remote throttle curves, that’s why they feel the same. Totally different algorithm underneath your feet tho.

1 Like

Oh yeah, ranging between 10k and 50k units sold I believe, both local retail and online

1 Like

Been on those. Underwhelming over 20-25mph tbf great kick off the line tho keep it up

2 Likes

Who is using it?

1 Like

Maybe the reason they stayed “vaporware” from my side is because of said “bugs” or “unpleasant features”, but fingers crossed,

And I know we’re derailing way too hard here, so imma leave y’all with the reason I didn’t push anything out yet
 Too much of a perfectionist to have anyone else buying my shit when I’m not 1000000% sure that my products are safe and pleasant to use. Normally this would really hurt small businesses not to have any revenue for two years, but luckily I have decent funding to live through this period, and I am trying my best to get something that’s safe but not perfect enough for my own standards out there asap.

1 Like

I am literally not at any liberties whatsoever to say anything, but it shouldn’t take too deep of a research to figure out

1 Like

Not having the constant power rating you want doesn’t mean it’s bad. Seems like it’s a decent amount of power for a low price. For the types of people buying those boards it seems like enough

3 Likes

You have no idea how much I agree with this. One correction tho

These are by no means cheaper than any quality-built vescs out there. I pushed really hard to use the best components possible, mainly for safety reasons with the benefit in efficiency gains.

Cool. I’ll be sticking with vesc until I leave the sport I think. It’s a love-hate but I’m loyal.

5 Likes

Yup, hard to go back from the kind of power you’re used to having.

6 Likes

:thinking: Schrödinger’s sales?

Sorry dude, this all sounds like horse shit.

Are you claiming you had something to do with the actual design? I’m an engineer who works in control systems & have designed ESCs- if you were involved in the design I’m sure you’re confident in explaining some of the technical details of your particular implementation yeah?

Your claim, almost 2 years ago, was that VESC was hot garbage and you had an ESC that was just as capable without any of VESCs problems. Now you are saying your magical ESC has already been released but doesn’t actually have the power you claimed? You were hyping this to be a revolutionary novel design, so how about even a single shred of evidence to back up any of the numerous claims you’ve made?

My bullshit radar is well tuned and you’ve pushed it to 11. Something doesn’t add up here, either you’re greatly over-exaggerating your own involvement in the development process or you’re misrepresenting the technology in how it stacks up to what’s already on the market.

So far you’ve provided absolutely nothing that should lead anyone to believe you’re not entirely full of shit.

Prove me wrong.

5 Likes

You’re conveniently forgetting that he promised and then delivered quality, low-cost battery packs made in China a few years ago, ANDREW.

Oh, wait

2 Likes

Honestly, the key players here on this forum and I have had similar back-and-forth convos too too many times now. Even if I still am bothered to try and justify myself again, at least for the moment, I still can’t do so with the NDA in my face that won’t allow me to explain any of these in detail.

Not to mention I am no longer bothered to attempt any “proving” at “vaporware”, not until they physically exist in the hands of the members of this forum.

Literally, poked fun at myself here with no intention of self shilling

and look at where it got me lmao

This is already mass-production ready btw, but with your enthusiasm at these kinds of levels you surely wouldn’t mind waiting for a few months longer?

blowing-steam

3 Likes

gimme some

i test

1 Like

So you’re either unable or unwilling to back up any of the claims you’ve made. Previously you indicated you were nearly able to share more info that would quell our doubts, but that was quite awhile ago so perhaps your situation changed.

I ask this, because nothing you’ve posted on the forums gives me the impression you have the technical skillset involved in designing ESCs.

If you’re simply hyping someone else’s ESC design, I guess that’s a bit more understandable as to how your claims haven’t matched reality. But the way you’ve presented it so far would insinuate your direct involvement with this super secret ESC.

You don’t owe me answers, I just am stating that in my opinion the story you’ve presented here smells a bit off. It would not be the first time we’ve had someone show up, make big claims, and then vanish in a cloud of vapor.

6 Likes