NXBoards? Seems promising.

This development and the hopeful return of Jeff Wu is all I live for these days.

6 Likes

@jeffwuneo we miss you.

3 Likes

Well at least I didnā€™t cheat anyoneā€™s hard-earned money before I had something to show off

I get that you guys have been scammed a lot, and I canā€™t take away your rights to be skeptical; I know this because, like you guys, Iā€™ve also been scammed. For one, Potter still owes me two unities that he didnā€™t refund back from an order in late 2019, and another guy from Ontario promised a 12s3p battery pack made authentic 30Qs, but all I received was a faulty pack that runs less than 10km, and the BMS fried the first time I charged it. This is why I havenā€™t given any thought to Kickstarter or IndieGoGo or whatever, and absolutely zero pre-sales/over-sales(when we get there). Iā€™ll sell only what I physically have stocks on, which I will have quality control over so I know theyā€™re safe to use.

In reality, doing business is hard, even when itā€™s a field you find yourself familiar with. If I merely wanted to make money with functional but not perfect items, they would be out far sooner, but here we are. I donā€™t want to over-promise on the dates anymore just to under-deliver, so Iā€™ll leave you guys knowing that I am still working on these, and Iā€™ll only come to show off their features when they are ready and physically exist in your own hands.

Who is this guy youā€™re referring to? The community should know about people building unsafe batteries.

4 Likes

All I know is his name is Kyle Longstaff, nothing else. I tried communicating several times afterwards with no response, so I began learning how to make packs myself.

Thanks for sharing. This is the most obvious reference I found: https://super-ev.ca/

1 Like

damn you found him, canā€™t believe heā€™s still out there making packs

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/superfast_ev/

This is his storeā€™s instagram link, looks like he pulled out

1 Like

It most certainly does.

3 Likes

2 Likes

0.1inch is a big diffrence ya know :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

It would be nice to some more affordable performance boards assembled here in the US. A price higher than the Chinese boards but lower than the boutique boards. Honesty and transparency is a must! I think a niche for those boards exists.

Anyone up for the challenge?

Pretty much what defiant is imo, plus I believe there is talk of a more affordable drivetrain version coming out.

4 Likes

Itā€™s an interesting proposition, but maybe more important than the board or price will be whether you can put together a proper infrastructure and customer support system.

Youā€™ve done well with your wheels/brand, but a full board is another thing entirely.

1 Like

And Mboards, no?

I still see MBoards as more of a parts supplier who made what sounds like a good board. Kind of like TB back in the day.

2 Likes

I have a feeling they will shift towards more board-based stock decisions in the future

3 Likes

I see that as a possibility too.

Like Bill said, the right team of people is needed to create an effective infrastructure and customer support system.

If you could find that team, it would be such a win for the ESK8 community in the US.

1 Like

I consider Defiant a botique company. They are focused on the urethane/road niche and their board is $2999.

I think a company that can sell a really solid performance board around $2000 is what I am thinking.

2 Likes

So the Lacroix barrel?