Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Thanksā€¦ that far to complex for my basic knowledge. but thanks for helping me trouble-shooting

Get them repaired or buy new ones. Donā€™t take this the wrong way, but Iā€™ve never seen someone do that before, so I have no idea what kind of damage was caused.

2 Likes

Also, study more electrical stuff. Understand the way circuits work, so that you can not do this again. This is a rookie mistake, and I kind of want to say you shouldnā€™t be playing with li-ion batteries if you donā€™t understand basic shit like series vs. parallel first.

3 Likes

Nothing to be taken wrong really! Honestly appreciate your chiming in and fast replies and support.

1 Like

Totally right, i know i have to.

1 Like

BTW, that feeling you have right now? Weā€™ve all had it. Check this thread and know that you are not alone:

3 Likes

Ohhh yeah. I fried my first pair of vescs and ate street as a result. Be happy you had a crib death instead of a rolling one.

4 Likes

Nice thread! i think iā€™ve couple of stories to add thereā€¦ thanks again, its good to know iā€™m not the only dumbass here around :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Far from itā€¦ I once spent like 45 minutes tearing my hair out trying to boot a computer from a disk. Turns out it was a CD reader, and the disk was a DVD. I felt real dumb after that one.

4 Likes

Well i ate street when my phase cable shortedā€¦ so yeahā€¦ its good it didnt happen this time too!

1 Like

P.Sā€¦ Ask @b264 about the box punch story. XD

1 Like

:slightly_smiling_face: sorry for your 45 minutes :frowning: but i love this kind of faliure and tails about themā€¦ this is a very nice communityā€¦ im new to it and loving it!

3 Likes

Dude, if you can laugh at yourself and keep trying, youā€™re a perfect fit here.

5 Likes

The only downside so far is wasting moneyā€¦ other than that itā€™s been a fun journey so far in my very short esk8 experience. the best part came in after joining this community though

4 Likes

Yeah, a common misconception that many new players in the DIY EV game (including myself) have is that itā€™s cheaper than a bought one. It can be, under certain circumstances, such as if you donā€™t count the prices of the tools or supplies that you have to acquire, or the cost of all the parts that you might will break along the way.

And if you donā€™t count the value of your time.

And and andā€¦ You get the idea.

6 Likes

shameless bumping my question now that you guys seem to have finished :joy:

anyone got an idea if this is normal?

Youā€™re hearing the mechanical noise thatā€™s the result of the switching noise in the vesc. Thatā€™s totally normal.

Think of the motors as very, VERY powerful and specialized speakers that turn instead of vibrate. Except they vibrate a little bit too. Thatā€™s what youā€™re hearing.

1 Like

ok, thank you

it just confused me that i never heard (noticed?) it before on the slightly smaller 6355

1 Like

It can be affected by many things, such as the resonance of the different motor, different inductance, different construction, different settings, yadda yadda.

1 Like

ok that gives me peace of mind, thanks a bunch :heart:

1 Like