Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Got a 3D printer? lol

1 Like

Not my own, but thereā€™s a Stratasys on campus that I have access toā€¦

Cue plotting, scheming, malicious laughter, etc

I have a half finished project of making a print friendly shell for vx2. Their shell has too many tiny floating hooks that doesnā€™t print strong enough. I can probably get that finished up since as of yesterday I have 0 working boards lol. Could add a finger hole just for you.

1 Like

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

If you do, send me an STL and Iā€™ll try printing itā€¦
Weā€™ll see about the vx2 depending on cost :stuck_out_tongue:

I could be totally wrong as Iā€™ve never had either one, but I had the impression that the battery meter on the benchwheel remote only worked on a Benchwheel brand prebuilt esk8

could be wrong though

You sure this is supported?

2 Likes

maybe not :confused:

with these motors i get a noticable but not loud high pitched static noise when engaging the thumbwheel slightly in either direction (where there is no noticable acceleration or braking actually happening)

performance wise i cant really tell if anything is wrong, acceleration is strong, but only ever so slightly stronger than the 6355 i ran before, and the power delivery is symetrical on both wheels

its a new phenomenon to me, is there actually something wrong or is that normal considering im running the same settings as before, just differend motors?

Thanks everyone for chiming in. By no mean i want to blame anyone except myselfā€¦ but i received 2 new escs (flipsky 4.12, very cheap), connected them in series to get power from the batteryā€¦ all well, motor detection done on both escs, all perfect. Bad news is that iā€™ve tried to connect them with the Canbus cable (actually i did it myself, just 2 cables going from Can H to Can L from esc A to esc B, as per instructions above) and guess? both escs are now bricked. fried, dead. I know its my fault but i donā€™t understand what i did wrong and i dont feel comfortable doing the canbus again after this experience. Shit, wasting money this way is soooo frustrating. i bought the escs on amazon and ill try to return these and buy 2 new ones. question is: how will i connect them in a safe way (read: without bricking these too) ? is another remote receiver a solution here? i just want to avoid canbus after yesterday. thanks everyone for your help

3 Likes

Wait, can you post a picture of how you hooked them up?

Can H on vesc A goes to can H on vesc B. Can L on vesc A goes to can L on vesc B. You do not swap them.

Also,

WHAT? NoNoNo, you do not connect vescs in series. Either youā€™re doing it wrong, or youā€™re doing it right and saying it wrong.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s what had me asking for the photo.

2 Likes

Not right now, i forgot to take pictures and now im at workā€¦ is there something i may have missed in the way it should hooked up? it seemed so straight forward that i may have overlooked somethingā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ll put it this way: were they hooked up so the battery went to a parallel connector like one of these and each vesc was fed by one of the forked connectors?

2 Likes

No, but i now see what i did wrong (series connection betweent the esc instead than parallel). SHITā€¦ I should have hooked them up in parallel, right?

1 Like

Yes. Thereā€™s your problem.

2 Likes

1 Like

I wish i had asked this yesterdayā€¦ is thereā€™ anything i can do to resuscitate the 2 escs after connecting them (wrongly) in series?

1 Like

You can start replacing parts. May just be the microcontroller, or it may be that, the DRV chip, the CAN chip, the voltage regulators, or any combination therein.

1 Like

Thanksā€¦ that far to complex for my basic knowledge. but thanks for helping me trouble-shooting

Get them repaired or buy new ones. Donā€™t take this the wrong way, but Iā€™ve never seen someone do that before, so I have no idea what kind of damage was caused.

2 Likes

Also, study more electrical stuff. Understand the way circuits work, so that you can not do this again. This is a rookie mistake, and I kind of want to say you shouldnā€™t be playing with li-ion batteries if you donā€™t understand basic shit like series vs. parallel first.

3 Likes