Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

thanks for the link to that build, it’s a wild placement for the motors. kinda like it =D

1 Like

Lots of dual diagonal builds have that configuration. It is up to you

1 Like

Holy crap. Actually I suppose so, you’re approaching the minimum service temperature of some belt types. Fiberglass etc can’t flex well much colder than that.

Can’t believe you ride in -10 lol I get whiny at +10

4 Likes

Canada be like that lol…
Next build is gonna be my winter ride with chain drive :stuck_out_tongue:

I bet raptor hubs would perform great at -10 :joy:

1 Like

What happened to psychotiller.com? i Went looking for some trucks.

1 Like

This is actually pretty mild for my area… Bet they’d really shine in the heart of winter at -40 or so :joy:
Anyone have a Raptor they wanna try keeping cool for once?

1 Like

I would die in -40

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: Florida California lol

1 Like

Methinks you are joking.

anyone?

2 Likes

Where alse am I going to get surfrods and mounts from? I am thinking they are the best compomise I dont want to go full mountainboard trucks the angles scare me.

1 Like

Oh gross, no way. California :joy:

1 Like

He’s uh. Having a wee bit of struggle right now after leaving ABEC11’s shop. No real ETA when he might be shipping again, best to look elsewhere if you’re in a hurry.

2 Likes

Sorry, I meant more because of his situation. Psychotiller is closed down, he’s not making trucks right now, and has moved on to West Coast Standard.

2 Likes

Bummer, but nice move Dave.

1 Like

Not that I’ve noticed, no.

1 Like

Using a 12S BMS for 10S is often fine if wired correctly but mixing chemistries like li-ion and LiFePO4 is not going to work at all

Plugged my ESC with a battery that was on :grimacing:, had a spark on the xt60, hopefully I didn’t kill anything.
I don’t have my board connected to test.
I was getting a bit worried as I have focbox 1.6 with that can bus problem, but they both seems to turn on, so that’s a relief at that point.

Just make sure you power up both focbox together when canbus is connected. The sparks are not good for the ESC and could kill a cheap one, but the occasional one is not a big deal for most.

1 Like