Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Thank you!

1 Like

I donā€™t think the vesc can do two different coms protocols at once, so no I donā€™t think using uart and pwm at the same time is a thing. Pick one, and get to riding.

1 Like

Remember to fuse your charge port.

2 Likes

Should do, yes. Would be able to break even, not selling here.

1 Like

Has anyone some real world experiences about the MBS T1 vs T3 tires?

I currently have the T1 tires and might be able to get the T3 or stay at T1 again.

1 Like

The t3 are a nice hybrid for offroad and on but they both wear out too quickly for my liking.

I like these. Amazon has a nice road slick version as well that comes out to around the same price with free shipping. Itā€™s listed a few posts below this one.

2 Likes

Good to know. Iā€™m quite happy with the t1 tires so far. Wear and tear isnā€™t as bad (only have about 1.1k km on it though) Only thing that i donā€™t like is that my rear slides more than i want in mud (T3ā€™s might be better?) Iā€™ve had a bad batch from mbs and they will replace mine, thats why iā€™m asking if it would make sense to upgrade to T3 (if they are willing to do that)

Also the ali listing says the item isnā€™t available at all.
Edit : well now it shows itā€¦

1 Like

Ive had a bad batch from mbs before as well. I believe it was the t1. Iā€™d go for the t3 if theyā€™re offering to replace.

2 Likes

Is there someone around germoney who can fix a faulty red phase wire(got cogging on motor on one side and its the phase wire that causes the problem) of a chinese esc ???
Maybe @seaborder ?

1 Like

Using clones is like fucking a rubber doll in the whorehouse :smirk:

6 Likes

today i finally dared to go full throttle on my unity / tkp trucks, and close to top speed one side dropped out for a moment almost throwing me off in a wobbleā€¦

whats a common reason for this ? how can i start trouble shooting ?

edit: it was dead smooth tarmac if that helps

1 Like

Happens to all of us on the unity, if @longhairedboy canā€™t figure it out, I donā€™t think thereā€™s an easy fix.

3 Likes

for whatever reason at the top of the PWM signal it gets all pulsey and stupid. Pretty consistently.

6 Likes

hmm so how do you guys handle this in general ? im kinda stomped that so many people praise the unity but this diddnt cross me yet :thinking:

Its pretty common problem for bad ESCs, maytech 6.** drop comms on UART while FOCBox is dangerous in PWM. If anyones praising the unity you have my permission to hit them.

1 Like

lol, and everyone continues singing the Unityā€™s praisesā€¦ Iā€™m glad itā€™s dead. I guess the solution is to gear for a really high top speed so you never hit it/are going so fast you die when it cuts out on you.

5 Likes

To be clear, iā€™ve never had one cutout on me. It just does this weird pulsey thing at the top of the signal.

3 Likes

Yeah thereā€™s no cutting it just likes tilts you to one side

3 Likes

Not a fan of weird stuff @ full speed, but I guess it could be worse.

5 Likes

I also get something like this on both my 6.6 dual and Maker dual. (But never with my 4.20 pair.) Momentary freeze on one wheel out of the blue, then nothing for the rest of the ride. No other extenuating circumstance to cause it.

1 Like