Focbox Unity issues

This all happened after you flashed the firmware? Have you tried again? I had a weird issue where my remote wouldn’t connect, then it did but the Unity wouldn’t respond to any input. I had to re-flash.

well its a real long story, but after i reprogrammed the boot loader, and flashed 23.46 onto the focbox, i was no longer able to use my remote with it, and the remote blinks and has never had a problem, so i assume the remote receiver is the problem

Alright… so I in a predicament. I was playing around with the FOC frequency and basically I accidentally wrote “0” as that value using the metr app. The Unity will not respond to the remote input even though it connects to the receiver. When I go to the expert tab in Metr is says FW 0.0 not supported. I can’t connect it to my Windows 10 PC… I tried taking the metr module out which didn’t help; I don’t have the original on me right now. I can’t connect via the enertion app. What did I do… :mask:

Edit: I also can’t turn my Unity off with the push button.

Edit 2: So when I try to connect to the UI it briefly indicates it has connected on the banner on the bottom of the screen and then is flashes red saying not connected and text box comes up that says “Read Firmware Version - Could not read firmware version. Make sure that selected port really belongs to the FOCBOX.”

Edit 3: I am buying an ST-link and will try to reflash the firmware that way. I must have corrupted the firmware by writing a value that shouldn’t be written. I assume the Unity HW is fine but the FW is corrupted so the only way to re-flash would be to use an ST-Link, no? Anyways, I took a look at @DSluijk’s guide and I will be trying that out in the next week or so. I really hope I didn’t fuck up my Unity permanently… :disappointed:

Edit 4: All the led’s on the board are on solid.

Edit 5: And the ST-Link flash worked like a charm!

@Deodand @rpasichnyk @Chibatterysystems @Blasto

1 Like

That’s exactly what’s happening with my focbox too, it’s just not responding to anything

It happened to me too in my case it would not power on with the standard bluetooth so i dont use it then if i wana configure my motors i have to do it while my photon uart receiver is unplugged after i finished the motor config i can plug in the receiver and it works good but if i try to do this config while receiver is plugged in i cant power of the unity by switch after 10 sec if i try to turn it of within the 10 sec it will shut down tho

noob question sub thread about unity top speed dropouts?

Man I have two as yet unused unity ( unities? unitys ? ) sitting here. this thread and these issues have me bummed out.

3 Likes

I’ve been running 2 of them with no issue.

There was a firmware issue a while back that caused some cutouts at speed. Then there was a tooooon of people claiming the unity was killing them. Most of them ended up being bad cabling or remote issues.

Take it all with a grain of salt.

8 Likes

The unity is the most reliable ESC I ever had and I had several through out the last 5 years

6 Likes

You are most probably right.

Should not be the case. Most likely you will be fine with ST-Link :+1:

2 Likes

I’m getting that as well. Did you downgrade the firmware? How did it go?

I didn’t downgrade, tbh i’m not entirely sure how to use the vesc tool to do so.

Use ack

Edit use unity tool for Unity,

Don’t use ack on the unity, just use the unity software

3 Likes

Yeah, ack doesn’t work on the unity.

5 Likes

Sorry. I did not pay attention that we were on the unity thread.
I hate giving out wrong advice :pensive:

2 Likes

read more… post less

3 Likes

All good now!

My board (raptor 2.1) has been in that exact same bricked state since early november and haven’t been able to get a response from enertion still, do you think you can give me a little bit more detail on how you flashed the firmware with the ST-Link? Any info is appreciated greatly because right now i have a very expensive paper weight. it would also be nice to know which st link you used.

1 Like

Hey there. Bumped your account for posting and messaging. Welcome!

1 Like

Don’t hold your breath

1 Like