Focbox Unity issues

noob question sub thread about unity top speed dropouts?

Man I have two as yet unused unity ( unities? unitys ? ) sitting here. this thread and these issues have me bummed out.

3 Likes

I’ve been running 2 of them with no issue.

There was a firmware issue a while back that caused some cutouts at speed. Then there was a tooooon of people claiming the unity was killing them. Most of them ended up being bad cabling or remote issues.

Take it all with a grain of salt.

8 Likes

The unity is the most reliable ESC I ever had and I had several through out the last 5 years

6 Likes

You are most probably right.

Should not be the case. Most likely you will be fine with ST-Link :+1:

2 Likes

I’m getting that as well. Did you downgrade the firmware? How did it go?

I didn’t downgrade, tbh i’m not entirely sure how to use the vesc tool to do so.

Use ack

Edit use unity tool for Unity,

Don’t use ack on the unity, just use the unity software

3 Likes

Yeah, ack doesn’t work on the unity.

5 Likes

Sorry. I did not pay attention that we were on the unity thread.
I hate giving out wrong advice :pensive:

2 Likes

read more… post less

3 Likes

All good now!

My board (raptor 2.1) has been in that exact same bricked state since early november and haven’t been able to get a response from enertion still, do you think you can give me a little bit more detail on how you flashed the firmware with the ST-Link? Any info is appreciated greatly because right now i have a very expensive paper weight. it would also be nice to know which st link you used.

1 Like

Hey there. Bumped your account for posting and messaging. Welcome!

1 Like

Don’t hold your breath

1 Like

ha yea, I originally ordered my board January 2019, got it in October, then it quit working a month later. I’d try to get a refund but it would probably take a few years to get the money back, so I assume fixing it is the best option. I’m currently just trying to find a hex file I can upload to the board so I know I’ll be able to try something if i order a ST-Link

1 Like

I got this one off Amazon

HiLetgo ST-Link V2 Emulator Downloader Programmer STM32F103C8T6 STM8 STM32 w/Cable (Random Color) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SQV6VLZ/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_KKLmEb0VQMEMV

And followed this guide by @DSluijk

I also got some Dupont female to male headers to easily connect the St-link to the unity. They showed up in the also purchased with section of Amazon.

8 Likes

Thanks! I’ll post an update in a few days once I’ve given fixing the board a shot!

1 Like

Can anyone tell me if the latest firmware is safe to use? Should I update?

If it’s 23.46 still, yes. Both of my boards have been running it with no issue.

3 Likes