Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

McMaster is likely the shortest notice if youā€™re ordering online. Itā€™s a bit harder to find bottoming taps at places like home Depot, which really just sell sets of tapered taps.

If the universityā€™s got taps, why donā€™t you just take the part into the shop and do it there? No need to take it.

1 Like

Looking at a used dead battery boosed mini X board for a cheep price. But Google is not so helpful regarding itā€™s ESC and wat kind of Amps it can push.

Is it on par with the Meepo/Hobbywing ESC or is it more powerful?

Anyone knows what the rated amps are for that ESC.

Total and per motor.

Kind regards.

ā€¦and also everything they have is FUB and almost no metric. Not even a tape measure for fuckā€™s sake.

Basically, never use the big box stores at all if youā€™re in the USA. For anything. Except maybe silicone and pieces of wood.

2 Likes

which esc (vesc based) is this?

Thanks

2 Likes

That looks like the Exway one. I may be wrong but it looks like it.

This is the new ESC/Vesc-based variant that @Esk8supply is offering. There are a few reviews bouncing
around.

2 Likes

Thanks! I found it online for what seemed like dirt cheap but couldnā€™t place it

1 Like

Yeah, NFS Strike had a suspiciously good price on these.

1 Like

That bound motors site with the cheap elofty drives has them for $120.
I was curious more than anything.
Thanks

Doesnā€™t Exway use that one too? Or Iā€™m I lost?

1 Like

Can someone link me to the belt length calculater?
thx

https://www.bbman.com/belt-length-calculator/

1 Like

Okay so I canā€™t calculate the belt length required for a 16/42 ratio with this calculator. Also donā€™t know what the center distance of the @torqueboards v6 motor mounts (inward)

1 Like

This should at least roughly get you there if you have the pulley diameter and approximate center to center distance looks like TB mounts I have here have about 20mm of play for adjusting the tension and exact length of the belt but personally have just done kits or guessed and then had to order a couple of times.

@torqueboards could you fill us in on the center to center distance for various mounting options?

Updated my calc to clean up the code a bit and added a belt length calculator :smiley:
https://jikph.csb.app/
And src if anyone feels inclined to poke around

5 Likes

Is it set up like this? Although looking at this pic makes me wonder what holds the pulley on the wheel

1 Like

Can anyone confirm that @torqueboards 63mm motors are compatible with @Boardnamics mounts? I assume yes but I just want to check before I spend a bunch of shekelsā€¦

1 Like

Well I guess I could just go a little smaller on size, just need center distance. Since it is calc for 16/44, im going to run 16/42 so 5-10mm less belt should be okay?

Yah just a matter of figuring out that center to center value (or range) for a given mount, I can get you some pics with rulers in view to figure it out but I figured Dexter has the designs can probably get more accurate numbers for a given mount from him insofar as that part is concerned.

1 Like

Exactly, nothin lol.
If you donā€™t put the bearing it just wobbles loose

1 Like

Then the only recourse is to either buy dickyhos old bolt on version (if you can) or @torqueboards kegel bolt ons.