Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

So if I understand correctly, thatā€™s two independently bound receivers? Interesting 3rd possibilityā€¦
I really like the push-button start that my current setup has, so antispark is probably my method of choice.

1 Like

Yes

It keeps the two motors with in a determined erpm. So if one motor loses traction it will not spin up faster than the one that has traction. If it works has been argued, I believe it does tho.

2 Likes

Nope, mee too

1 Like

I believe it does as well. I felt something was off after I did a firmware update on my unity and traction control got ticked to off.

1 Like

Donā€™t forget to vote then :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah the only time I ate shit was without traction control and i canā€™t explain how, best guess is one wheel went over a slippery surface and must have spun up. Have used traction control ever sinceā€¦ Iā€™ve noticed when purposely braking hard on dirt with urethane it sorts of drifts to one side slightly but then it kind of straightens itself out, if thatā€™s traction control, idk.

1 Like

I have done several searches and I canā€™t seem to find much info on the differences between vesc 4.x and vesc 6.x. the only thing I have found is better heat sinking and it measures current on all 3 phase wires instead of calculating the third. What other improvements are there? Is ackmaniac esc tool compatible with vesc 6?

Find a focbox

Besides the obvious difficulty in sourcing 2 focboxes, the cost of doing so is a bit much for meā€¦

I thought you were going single drive

1 Like

lmao no?
Dual singles :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit to clarify: I already have the board built, I just need to replace ESCs as my previous ones were hobby-type with no brakes.

1 Like

Regarding differences itā€™s a redesign using different DRV chip the 8301 in place of the 8302 that used to blow out above 60k erpm or 8500 motor rpm with a normal 7 pole pair motor. There may be other heat dissipation or component swaps that make it better able to handle higher voltage and amperage a bit more safely (without burning anything up)

If you want all the detailed differences think you can get the BOM for each and diff them or otherwise compare manually.

2 Likes

:rofl:

what a joke

@kellag

1 Like

Shake my damn head

I thought dual ESC = bad?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

9 Likes

Donā€™t listen to brian

You could still get 2 single focboxes for $300ā€¦

1 Like

So if dual ESCs arenā€™t bad then why not save the money and get the cheaper Flipsky option? From what Iā€™ve researched, it doesnā€™t seem to be of bad qualityā€¦

2 Likes