Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Ah good to known. Iā€™ll check the next few rides if i can catch a difference. Iā€™m to stingy to pay 40 bucks per vesc for a case.

I had the same problem. that horrible squeakingā€¦ I ended up getting rid of the housing and went with straight 8mm bearings with speed rings. I love idlers now. one of the many lessons learned.

2 Likes

I think @SeanHacker ended up doing this with some success as well. Itā€™s the only idler setup Iā€™ve found that works. Itā€™s still additional drag though, with the benefit of more teeth in mesh.

After seeing how LaCroix designed the HyperTrucks Iā€™m not sure thereā€™s a better way to do an adjustable belt mount. Itā€™s brilliant and rock solid, like press fit tolerances.

1 Like

could the issue possibly be because of the profile of the pulley/drive gear doesnā€™t match the belt profile?

are these the best elbow pads? they have that d3o impact gel stuff, if not anything better?

these seem pretty cool too not sure if they would help much for impact though

1 Like

and d00dā€¦ your profile pik creeps me the fuck out!!!

4 Likes

LaCroix HyperTrucks mounts in reference:

6 Likes

Iā€™d say you lack diversity!!!

:joy::laughing::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::eyes::crazy_face:

@DerelictRobot I hated that setup. One of my first mounts. Too much work to adjust belt tension. Might have more clearance on a MTB though.

1 Like

You gotta stop skipping curls day buddy.

Also, the machining tolerances here are top notch.

4 Likes

@DerelictRobot LACROIX FANBOY ALERT :rofl:

7 Likes

Should be fine to connect the wires direct to the legs off the potentiometer instead of from a board typically power goes in one side gnd goes in the other side and signal comes out the middle, the potentiometer just acts as a voltage divider and some percent of the input voltage goes out the signal side.

1 Like

Anyone?
Iā€™m worried that the wires getting loose mid ride and throws me off :sob:

Problem is youā€™re speaking of a product that youā€™re the only one who has it (other than owners of completes) I want them so bad but too many people want the lonestar so Iā€™m waiting in line

2 Likes

I simply heatshrinked them. Never came off since I finished my build a few months back.
Otherwise if youā€™re truly scared, add a few drops worth of solder to hold them shut and put heatshrink on top of that. Atleast thatā€™s what I had planned but mine never came loose :slight_smile:

I was mostly speaking towards the design style of the mounts (vs tensioners or having slots on the motor bolt mount pattern). Itā€™s not unique to LaCroix, as Dexter pointed out. But Iā€™ve found their particular implementation to be pretty flawless so far.

1 Like

And this is why Iā€™m in lineā€¦ I chatted with jf on rides and the first thing to come out of his mouth was ā€œhave a look at Andrewā€™s buildā€ and ā€œbe patientā€ :heart_eyes::tired_face:

3 Likes

You have no idea what I had to do for those Frenchmen to get ahead.

We all have our price.

Worth it.

4 Likes

Do I need wrist guards or do the gloves with pucks do the same thing?