Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Can I use this big of a washer as a spacer ? The ones included are to wide and with no spacer its to close also I have a center support bracket so I cant move mount

Also found the other set screws they were in the first box not the truck box

1 Like

So I’m guessing that wont work they included some nice ones but they are to big. I’ll wizzerwheel them in half tomorrow that should do the trick

I have been lookinf for a nice big motor that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg. Are these guys too good to be true?
Flipsky motor

No, they’re mostly good. Hobbyking turnigy motors are good values as well. What kv are you looking at?

About 160-190. I fond some 190’s on hobby king but I wasn’t loving the $90 per motor pricepoint. Turnigy

Dickyho sells decent value motors on eBay. Just realize that “good under $100 motors” starts approaching oxymoron status.

2 Likes

Which I realize. I was just hoping for a miracle.

Torque boards come already battle hardened

U can do pictiny rail and a flashlight for 20$ or for my dog ive got these led dog collar lights they were like 10$ for a pack I can set them to blink etc

1 Like

You can also pop up a “wanted” post here. There are a lot of guys with really nice slightly used motors sitting on a shelf.

2 Likes

A good motor if “budget” is your primary concern, are the 190Kv KEDA 6364 motors

edit: aaaand they discontinued them. :expressionless:

Looks like these are the replacement, and I have no experience with these

Probably it would be better for you to buy a used high-quality motor than a brand new low-quality motor.

2 Likes

I did the very same search. I have a pair of Kedas and they’re damn good for the price.

1 Like

Hey guys, a question about motor indexing. 6355 TB 190kv, caliber 44, boardnamics mounts. Dickyho pulleys

Picture above of the rear truck assembly. The 280mm belts I got from dickyho are too long, I’m nearly maxed for tension adjustment with the motor brackets.
As you can see in the photo, the motors when mounted index the wiring 90* from the bracket. So when the wiring is pointing forward (left one) the wiring impacts the bracket that mounts to the truck itself and it’s hardware almost immediately. Meaning I can’t let the motors travel forward much without putting a lot of pressure on the wiring. So probably can’t install a shorter belt.
If I turn them 90*, they’re constantly hitting the deck and at risk for pinch between the deck and motors.

Any ways to reindex them or recommendations here? I could print a small spaced to move the motors closer together in the center. That would take some pressure off the cables. But the adjustment would be minimal, may 1mm ea

Ideally need them 45 degrees rotated
Thanks in advance

Bill

1 Like

I’d like to buy a first board for my 7yr old kid. Just a push board, no electric parts (for now). I’m thinking of a small cruiser which he could push on a cycling track or I would drag him (slowly :)) on my electric board wakeboard style. I’m looking for an advice on what a good board would be. I like the Arbor bogart MC:

It’s a 24" deck with 108mm Paris Street trucks and 61mm wheels. The size seems just about right for a kid and I like the design. Is that a good choice or do you have a better suggestion?

3 Likes

You can run the phase and sensor wires below the truck hanger, or is there a reason you prefer not to do that?

Wondering on how to place motor pulley onto motor shaft with key way and if I have to file down anything or just put some loctie onto the screws?

Loks good so far. When you are ready to secure the pulley put a drop of blue loctite on each of the grub screws and tighten down. I would suggest waiting until you have your belt aligned.

2 Likes

Thank you. Was unsure if I was doing it right.
Will align the belt now :slight_smile:

1 Like

I typically over-tighten grub screws to my detriment, tighten them enough to get a secure hold but not too much, the loctite will do the job for you. Also, I typically don’t apply loctite until I’m sure everything is correct, short test ride included.

I’m not saying you should do this, it’s just what I do.

3 Likes