Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

anyone know of anyone who has done a dual 6473 build with tb218 trucks (or boardnamics) with wheels +6inch??

1 Like

Yeah that’s the good stuff, but I prefer the smaller size container, and more of them. If you don’t use it all, it’s better to have leftovers in smaller sealed containers.

2 Likes

I looked for them, but they didnt have any in the neutral cure.

Could have ordered from amazon, but couldn’t wait.

1 Like

damn it just got my trucks but they didn’t come with bolts, anyone know the exact size I need to order?

What would be best to use to keep the motor cables down and in place? Silicon or some hot glue?

No sure either would hold them but hotglue would be my choice.

2 Likes

10-32
Size depends on what thickness.

2 Likes

Either M5, or 10-32 if you’re going with FUB. Length depends on your board, and whether you’re using X things. Head style also depends on your exact setup too.

I recommend high-strength (Grade 5 or 8 if FUB, class 10.9 or 12.9 if metric), and hex/torx drive instead of phillips.

Don’t forget to pick up some matching Nyloc nuts too.

1 Like

So general rule of thumb is harder bushings closer to Street softer closer to board?

#10-32

either in 2"

or 2.5" (get this if unsure)

and you need some nuts, nyloc only

and I recommend having these on-hand

Those are the sizes that fit a Skate Tool.

If using regular tools and not a skate tool, you can use metric M5 sizes.

2 Likes

eh, I like using them. To each their own, I guess.

2 Likes

Ok looks like I need a longer bolt that attaches my hanger to base plate after using riptide busings any idea what size?

It might be 3/8-24 if I recall

Yep I think you’re right I had to read drill out the hole on the Randall base plate and it was exactly 3/8

Is there any forum favourites for front and back lights that are not too expensive?

I have a Trampa coming and I’m looking for something cheap that doesn’t need to light up the path, more for just alerting others to my presence.

Motor mounts only came with 1 knarled set screw but there are 4 holes in guesing I need to buy 3 more?

Go for shredlights. I’ve been told they’re good for being visible.

Small detail: you might have to modify the mounts.

1 Like

@anon54720240 Not the easiest option though :rofl: otherwise I would have suggested hardwiring a headlight

2 Likes

Yes, I would recommend buying some more setscrews (also called grub screws). I recommend getting ones of high strength (class 10.9 or 12.9), it makes them a lot less likely to strip out.

The main advantage of setscrews compared to long screws/bolts (aside from being short) is that the cup on the end bites into the thing it’s holding, which makes it hold much more aggressively than a regular screw with a flat end.

2 Likes

You should only need 1 if even. We include the extra just in-case you need it as it’s harder to add holes down the road. The new clamps are much tighter so you shouldn’t need it.

1 Like