Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

I just used a metric step cone bit, got calipers and the switch on hand?

1 Like

Yes sir

12mm, I just modeled a 3d print for it yesterday.

3 Likes

Perfect timing thank you sir

How should I go about resoldering this? Thereā€™s some sort of shit gooped all around the servo connector leads (silicone?) do I need to remove this? Soldering nOOb here, sorry.

1 Like

I canā€™t get to configure dual vescs via can bus. It just wonā€™t work.

I have a 6374 motor with a 9 mm belt. Will it wore out fast, if caused by the torque or not?

Iā€™d just carefully scrape off the silicone with a sharp object - a scalpel or a pick.

1 Like

Entirely depends on your setup and settings, and how you ride it, and the quality of your belt, and and and.

1 Like

Here is my setup:

I will change my belt in the next time. It will be a Gates belt.
10 Nm on the wheel is maybe to big and will break traction.

How fast do you think itā€™s safe to go on a penny board? Using Caliber trucks and 76mm wheels. I have the Caliber trucks super loose with 90mm wheels on a skate deck and its getting wobbles at 9mph

Sounds like 9mph then

4 Likes

Fair enough, but it feels worse because I canā€™t really stop either. Whats the fastest anyone has felt safe on a penny board or comperable with RKP trucks?

Noob amp question. How many amps can pass safely in 30awg wires? Across a length of aprox 8 inches

Edit: is .8 correct? If so, that wonā€™t cut it for leds

We donā€™t even use 30awg for balance leadsā€¦those are usually 22awg

Yeah I went with 20awg instead. I have 30awg silicone wire in multiple colors for small repairs on laptops so was hopeful.

1 Like

Holy shit that is bright, whereā€™d you get it?

Those are the ones I was showing you the other day

2 Likes

max brightness pulls 5.07 amps
How were you going to secure yours to the board?Iā€™m looking at options

1 Like