Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

The her being esk8 of course

2 Likes

But still adjust the belt tension so that both are equally firm?

where did you get these?

Right, so the intention wouldnā€™t be to keep them interconnected forever, just to attempt to rescue the slave vesc if possible and then remove the wires upon a successful SWD Prog flashing. I would unsolder the wires immediately after a first firmware re-flash. Thereā€™s no JST 5-pin connector to use, so Iā€™m not sure how to connect the SWD ports without either soldering on some JST connectors, or just soldering the wires directly.

Based on Benjaminā€™s video on using SWD Prog, and your helpful comments on the old forums I tried to connect the IO <-> IO, CLK <-> CLK, and GND on both were already internally connected together within the PCB so no need to manually connect those.

After doing that, connecting to the master vesc in the vesc tool, going to SWD Prog menu, I pushed the Connect button within the SWD menu options (shown in Benā€™s video @1:32) and was getting ā€œtarget not foundā€ errors :confused:

Sorry, I think Iā€™m just a bit confused by this;

Obviously there must be physical connections made between the correct pins to allow data to be transmitted, and this can be done either with a removable JST cable, or a ā€˜permanentā€™ soldering of wires.

My point is that in both cases, I must remove either the soldered wires or JST cables, after a successful flash because I can damage the ESC trying run the motors with the connection made. However, this damage can happen regardless if the ESCā€™s SWD ports are connected via soldered wires or removable JST plugs, and I should excerise the same caution to not run the ESCs while this connection remains.

I donā€™t see the ā€˜needā€™ to add a JST port (unless I foresee myself reflashing this on a regular basis) so long as I can make proper electrical contact, and sever the connection before operating the ESCs.

Amazon :slight_smile: prime has my monies every month XD

If you buy these though, youā€™ll need a way to control them and a way to give them 5v and up to 7amps

2 Likes

cool. wow 144 per meter

Yeah Iā€™m in love with it

1 Like

got a link to the buck converter you are using?

DC Buck Converter

Bluetooth Controller

Led Wires

1 Like

thx bruh i think iā€™ll try these out. having battery issues right now.

Well atleast you have a battery to work on :slight_smile:

1 Like

yes i knew this day was comingā€¦iā€™m no longer scared of electricityā€¦still respect it but not afraid to work with it.

2 Likes

Be afraid of being dumb, that the one that really gets youā€¦Iā€™m mostly afraid of me RN

2 Likes

indeedā€¦if i have to question something iā€™ll always ask for help and confirmation before doing anything. the other day @taz had to show me how to check voltage on my chargerā€¦I had to ask a noob question because i was not sureā€¦lol. it feels good to learn something new.

1 Like

Even though electric skateboards are not thought to be good teachers, you learn a hell of a lot of skills from it

2 Likes

this winter Iā€™m gonna learn a lot. Iā€™ll be building crazy stupid batteries by next summer.

Nuts. I just realized I bought the ā€œwrongā€ motors from Flipsky. For $60, you can get a nice, 160KV 6355 motor 1620W, 1.9Nm torque. What I screwed up is that there is another motor that is 6354 190KV ā€œmade for electric skateboards,ā€ which features 2450W and 7Nm advertised torque, for $60. Power consumption is also much more, but my VESC can handle them.

Will I be fine? Do I try to make a return/exchange (is that even possible)?

Talk to them asap and try to cancel the order

While programming my future battery meter, found a possible problem with my charger

Is this really gonna be a problem?
(Problem being its supposed to max out at 50.4)