Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

oh ok

you should be able to fit 4 in a top mount pack then stack them 6 high
overall 24 pouches 12s2p

16ah and 400amps at 12s for really cheap

they do seem like a good option for top mount

Theyā€™re not as thin as you think. Maybe 2 or 3 is equivalent to 18650 diameter? And youā€™re suppose to put spacers in between to take into account of heat and potential bulging.

The tabs that come out of them are short and big. This means when soldering, you need a lot of heat and itā€™s easy to transfer a lot of heat to the cells themselves. Just like how itā€™s a bad idea to solder 18650. You should weld or compress instead.

Plus when you stack them, the cell tabs are at weird angles. Thatā€™s why this is usually done in factory

I think in testing, this was found to be exaggerated. Also that is burst which is somewhat meaning less. You need to look at continuous which is 200A. So this is a 25C to 50C cell.

1 Like

Theyā€™re also quite heavy at 300g/cell
A 12S pack would be 3.6kg and only 8Ah
A 12S7P made from Samsung 30Q is about 3.8kg and 21Ah

6 Likes

This has been discussed at length. A few ppl on the forum have these and have tried them out. They are too big/heavy for 99.9% of esk8s. Make for great spot welding packs though.

These arenā€™t your standard lipo chemistry. They donā€™t puff very much or go nuclear when punctured.

Yeah, they are happy at 150A until they sag too much.

4 Likes

oh ok still to me does seem like a budget mtb option due to their low price

Did ya miss this? Pretty sure thatā€™s just 12S1P.

3 Likes

to tell the truth didnt look massively into them more just asked to see what people thought
could def work out for a spot welder pack or some cheap mtb build

1 Like

fuk yes it worked, speed omnitor is still out, also it now makes a loude noise every time i throtle , a hall sensor noise almost

battery max 30.am
an 10. for current bttry regen

Didnt max throtle as this is sketch

Iā€™m looking to buy MBS RockStar II hubs, but besides bearings, do I need to buy a spacer for between the bearings?

1 Like

was the fix the can_status?

1 Like

yup set em both to can 1

1 Like

I agree that noise sounds weird. i donā€™t have any good advice there.

random guess. redo you motor and sensor detection? ( Iā€™m assuming this board was working normal before you changed vesc related things. )

make sure motor and sensor detection values are actually applied (to in vesc-tool config) and then saved to vesc.

also no how to get the speed omitor to go

My settings

i made sure i applyed the hall sensor and what not in the setup

So MBS hubs donā€™t need spacers?

Will this one work with VESCs?