Pneumatic Wheel Compendium (Serious)

@ansonng here’s a pic of standard 8" tires on @Skyart’s tb160 wheel hubs

6 Likes

Hey @MBS , someone from mbs USA told me the fivestar spacers should be 16mm. I get a lot of rattle using them and measure ~22mm bearing to bearing. Can you confirm what size spacer I should be using?

2 Likes

I have this. Recived one last sample that they had and it’s crap. They told me that if order is high enough they can fix the mold. It was a cat in the bag for arround 5k$ so I didn’t gamble. Size is perfect for DD.

3 Likes

Probably add more stuff to this sheet one day. But as a collective we can probably get remotes,trucks,urethane wheels,gear drives and motors

11 Likes

Hey you take that ugly off my fivestar color

4 Likes

They must have thought you were talking about the axle spacer for the ATS trucks (the one between the alum hanger and the inside bearing (like a bit fat speed washer). That one is 16mm. We don’t use spacers between bearings, but if you prefer them the length we recommend is 22.3mm.

6 Likes

@Venom121212 what’s the widest the fivestars can take again?
cheers.
also as i recall, did you buy some 10’’ tires for them? link please :laughing:

1 Like

Nah that’s @RyEnd running 10s on them. They fit but if your pulley is too close to the wheel, it may rub. Nothing some longer hex standoffs can’t fix though.

I’ve been running 8" tires for so long I need to try 9" before jumping to 10

2 Likes

cheers!
I got mooooooon drives :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
so i don’t think that’s an issue.

@RyEnd mind sharing a link to your 10’’ :innocent:

You want roadie or off road?

1 Like

4 Likes

Well played

#Aliexpress US $11.61 17%OFF | Size 3.00-4 Inner Tube and out tire and Tube Set for Knobby Scooter Go Kart Electric scooter Highway tire ATV

General rule of thumb:

If you want X diameter wheel that works on 99% of our hubs, search aliexpress or wherever for “[(X-4)/2] dash 4”

So 10" wheels are 3.00 - 4
9" are 2.50 - 4
8" are 2.00 - 4

The dash 4 indicates hub size.

9 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

I’ve got 10in minibike tires on fivestars, but I’m waiting on some not-plastic rims to run them on. The 200x75 tires are going on the fivestars w/ a small hub spacer.

Someone on the forum (forget who) has actually run those 10 inchers that @Venom121212 linked and wasn’t happy with them. I think they said they were meant for wheelbarrows and don’t do well at speed. Might still be okay for a slow mtb? But there aren’t many other options. Trampa actually has the best selection even though it’s overpriced crap.

I’d probably go Innova.

3 Likes

that was @Andy87 who wasn’t thrilled. he rides hard

2 Likes

plz can i have the file? :joy:

i know right!? their new 9’’ inches look great but I’m not paying that price + shipping
shame though

1 Like

Yeah I had a link with on and off road 9" and 10" tires and the tread was much more standard looking but they’re not available anymore. They even had an 11" roadie that looked insane :rofl:

That’s Aliexpress for you

1 Like

This should be classified under “essential services”

1 Like

woah @Venom121212 have you seen this
https://www.surpluscenter.com/Wheels/Wheel/Pneumatic-Wheels/8-OD-2-50-4-Cheng-Shin-Pnuematic-Tire-8940QTT-1-4816.axd

2 Likes

Super cheap and worth trying.

I worry about that central seam and thicker tread on the outside of the tire. I still want to try them out.

2 Likes