Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Pole pairs is 7 unless you’re running hubs or something weird. Gearing is the ratio between the large pulley/gear and the small one. For example 32 teeth on the large and 16 on the small would be a ratio of 32/16=2/1 or 2-1.

1 Like

It shouldn’t. The switching frequency is so SO much higher than the audible resonance frequency (an order of magnitude at least) that it should have basically zero effect.

The main noticeable difference other than the sound, will be efficiency loss/heat generation in the motor’s iron core at very high switching frequencies, where skin effect and eddy currents start to become more significant.

Honestly I never even messed with mine while I had it. I just went straight to FOC for the buttery smooth quietness and never looked back.

1 Like

I see

I just fear the FOC Mode because I have a maytech VESC and they are not known for their good FOC Compatability.

1 Like

What do you guys discharge your Pouch LIPOs to? I’m think in between the safe 3.7 and lowest 3v, going to say 3.5/3.4?

I run mine with soft cutoff 35V, hard cutoff 33.5V

1 Like

Whole thread for this subject :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

anyone got the weight of a 6x2 tire
dont mind which one just need a rough weight

What do I do? Middle of my ride and packs given up… Don’t wanna take it come because it can combust at ant moment…

4 Likes

Dump it in a bucket of sand?

1 Like

Probably, before it starts a fire in the open. I’d come back later and try to salvage the cables/connectors because i’m cheap :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Getting a bucket now

2 Likes

Same – cut off the wires, put it in a bucket of sand, and drive to your nearest dangerous trash handoff location :laughing: Would be irresponsible to drop this at your local grocery store’s dead battery box

2 Likes

50 PSI, Bluepenguin gave me some good advice for the situation, I’m gonna mess with the “throttle ramp down” setting

1 Like

Yeah that’ll simulate less rolling resistance

I would still recommend playing with the PSI a little more first. I think you’ll probably like it a little more with a slightly higher PSI. Plus better range

1 Like

Anyone successfully soldered usb-c heads on remotes?
Pic related

1 Like

I may just not know hot to use internet but does anybody else have this problem?

yes. You can continue to the site or skip until it’s fixed

Their server certificate ran out today.

2 Likes

Yah I still wouldn’t put anything too private on there CC details etc. until the cert issue is resolved just to be extra sure but it is just complaining about the cert expiring which isn’t too uncommon, newer SSL certs are typically made to only last for a few months just in case things are compromised up the chain of certificate authorities basically. Your data should still be encrypted I believe even if the date on the cert is invalid but I’m not 100% sure on this (you can check to see what’s going on packet by packet with something like wireshark and filter down to interesting traffic to see if something is or isn’t encrypted but beyond the scope of this forum :smiley: )

Haven’t tried but no reason it shouldn’t work so long as it’s giving the standard 5V out that an older USB would. The new standard allows devices to “request higher power” to get I think 9V or 25V as output options for say powering a laptop or something else that needs higher voltage, but default should be for it to assume 5V until it gets special indication otherwise (think correct signal on a particular line to ID it as “high power device”)

1 Like