Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

5 Likes

Correct, that will not work.

Plug and unplug the xt90s a thousand times and it will start being easier.

You need power from battery and a USB connection to program. USB will not power the esc.

1 Like

I can put the loop key in series to the negative pole right? I heard some people putting it on the positive side.
Does it matter?

1 Like

just put a big loop on the xt90 so you can put your finger in it and pull it our easily

1 Like

Doesn’t matter. It just interrupts the circuit.

1 Like

Killer write-up by @Linny :

4 Likes

I saw that! Awesome how much effort he/she put in! Sadly, there’s no explanation why you can’t plug your xt90s into a xt90 to xt 60 connector and use it as the loop key.
I really want to know why this doesn’t work, since the magic about the xt90s is due to one side of it having a built in Resistor (AFAIK) which prevents the sparks…
If I use it like this, doesn’t it achieve the same effect? And why? :thinking:
The xt90 to Xt60 is just an extension to the terminals of the (AFAIK) non magic xt90

1 Like

The XT90S is special because it is a 2 stage connector. The resistor hits first, letting power through slowly, (this only takes a fraction of a second to charge), then the main body of the connector hits, at which point voltage has been equalized by the initial resistor section and now full power can flow. Wiring a resistor to a switch would mean full power goes through the resistor, it’ll blow in a second.

8 Likes

Is the issue here that you don’t want to take off the XT-60 connector to put an XT-90 on? If so, rip that bandaid off.

3 Likes

just replace the xt60 on the picture with the xt90. No way around that. I find some of my xt90’s easier to plug in as some xt60.

1 Like

The xt60 plugs in and out flawlessly however the xt90s needs so much force I need to use pliers

I watched an entire movie plugging the xt90 a thousand times.

What you could try is to pinch the prongs together. Very slightly! Also put something around not to damage the prongs.

1 Like

@BillGordon this is the problem I’m having
When I have this mounted to my enclosure, or just having it on the outside for the beginning, I won’t get this on and especially not off, as I need pliers at the moment :joy:
So when I plug it off it might just mess everything up

2 Likes

Screenshot_20200502_000447

You need something that offers more pull force. Either a soldered loop of thick gauge wire you can hook a finger through or something like this handle Linny made. Simply pinching it between your fingers is not enough.

4 Likes

Handle would be awesome!
Someone here with a 3d printer? :sweat_smile:
@xsynatic?

Here are some other nice ones:

8 Likes

It will be a lot easier once the other end is mounted and you have a cable to grab hold of

3 Likes

exactly. Something like this makes it a ton easier.

I keep mine simple but wouldn’t mind doing it like those from above.

@Niklas

I could print you a cover if you want. Doesn’t take much effort. You just need to promise to use the xt90 instead xt60 ^^

6 Likes

@b264 does his loops with braid and then coats them nice and thick with conformal. Maybe he’ll share a photo with us.

7b92ee577c17607072b8ed104fd5ba413a5ee6c9_2_690x388 (1)

5 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DJ7QHQM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
this one is a USB-C but they have micro USB’s as well. also the tips/connectors can be removed

3 Likes