Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Oh yeah it is a 10s

So you went with the 10 mile ones? or the 15?
might pick up one of those for a future build. thats a great deal

Just for clarity, 10S will affect your voltage and speed, not necessarily amperage

It’s not listed there anymore but I picked up the 27 mile one for 200 + 35 shipping for 235. Pretty good pack. Comes with a switch and bms.

Oh ok And yeah thats an awesome deal too

So would dual lipos push enough Amps out?
The science stuff is what im still wrapping my head around here. How many amps should I be looking for?

1 Like

Hope you can at least fit two of those in your enclosure. you’re gonna be real disappointed in 8.8ah and 30A of discharge on pneumatic tires.

1 Like

Yeah dual lipos would be good enough. That tattus that I’m lookign at are 14A rated for 25C so in theory you can discharge up to 350A in a burst

1 Like

yeah.

for 8" pneumatics, 30A a motor min, imo. How much do you weigh?

1 Like

Im about 180 pounds

These are the ones Im looking at. So 12 times 12. for 144 Amps That helps a lot. Now im starting to understand that
Is 350A over kill haha?

When you connect in series (the positve and negative terminals connect to each other), the current isn’t additive, the voltage is. So 2 * 6S in series is 12S voltage but current stays the same. 144A is plenty though.

When you connect in parallel (the positive are connected to positive and negative connected to negative), the current is additive but the voltage isn’t. So 2 * 6S in parallel is still 6S voltage but current is now 288A.

Btw, those are “low” quality cells. You might experience puffing after some use.

1 Like

C ratings are often inflated. Sometimes they aren’t though (lol). For example, those 14ah tattu packs in 12S are solid for 100a cont, 200+ burst. You might not damage them if you pull 350A from them, but I’ll bet you reduce their life, and better stick to 100 or less cont.

another example… the 50C rhinos from hobbyking are spot on their C ratings.

The rule for “low quality” or “unknown” lipos is divide your C rating by 5.

4 Likes

Ok I heard the term puffing in another thread and didnt know what it meant. Does that mean expanding or smoking?

Starts out with expanding and bulging, gets bad enough explosion

or just a weak little queef. depends.

3 Likes

best case scenario if things go wrong

worst case scenario, it’s full on explosive diarrhea

usually doesn’t get that bad as you’re suppose to stop using an excessively bulging battery

Im in ahhaha

So what are some other better quality Lipo brands to looks at? Those batteries were just in the patriot build which is what im kind of inspiring the build off of.
I saw rhino

1 Like

Generally speaking have had good luck with most turnigy stuff only ones I had negative experience with really is the multistar. For quads I use ovionic ones now too that are good, used some tattu ones in the past but seemed to not get as many cycles before getting weak.

1 Like

Ok cool Ill check some of those out

While we are on Lipos what are some good BMS’s i havent started to look at those yet