Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

I donā€™t know much about them for my lipo deck I made it easy to unhook two 5S lipos and just charge them separately with a cheap balance charger or parallel charge

I hear good things about bestech and occasionally hear about the diebiebms but am not qualified to answer :smiley:
My deck that has a bms it came with the 10S5P battery luckily havenā€™t had to mess with it yet.

1 Like

Haha I love the batsafe. Is that actually something that its safe to charge your batteries in in case of fire or just a cool box?

1 Like

I bought all the 2S 5000ah 50Cs on Amazon for like $16 a piece =P know anywhere else to get them?

2 Likes

Canā€™t say Iā€™ve seen real world tests but is meant to trap the fire and let the smoke go through some filters up top but admit mostly bought it cause was kinda funny. It is nice having batts in there for charging if Iā€™m not in the room though.

1 Like

Hahaha sorry no

Yeah thats really cool.
I read in another thread someone puts it in a bathtub with a fire extinguisher nearby.

Lipo cell voltages tend to be more volatile than liions for a number of reasons (individual cell size being a big factor) so a good BMS is crucial if you arenā€™t going to balance charge externally like wafflejock. I really like the bluetooth ones that are like $35-40. They give you insight to your cell voltages and balance fast enough.

2 Likes

Interesting. Whats the bluetooth connecting to? your phone?

So if you are charging separately you probably need to stop it from overcharging? Will the BMS shut it off automatically?

yep.

Yeah, typically both the charger and the BMS wonā€™t charge past full voltage, but some chargers will try.

In general my gotos are Amazon, getfpv.com, racedayquads.com, hobbyking.com, and hobby wing (only for jumper t16 transmitter really but they came through) in no particular order (whoever is cheaper/faster).

Awesome, thanks so much everyone. I need to sleep on all this new info its been great. Hopefully a new build thread tomorrow So I can proceed to wait a month or 2 before everything gets here haha. Im anxious to get out there. My current board has been stranded in florida at a friends place since before corona went down. Was supposed to go down in march again

Believe it or not I read that first and i still messed up but I got a lot farther than when I tried this a few months ago so thank you for making it

1 Like

Cheers bro! itā€™s definitely not the easiest thing to do lol. Good solder and a good iron makes the difference.
I have good solder but a crap iron from amazonā€¦ shhh
it does the job but in twice the time and effort but budget is budget haha.

1 Like

I can recommend these. I use 2 in a 12s1p configuration. i can get about 30km out of them. Fat dude on a mtb

1 Like

so i have got a deal for 100 of these cells for Ā£100
or Ā£1 per cell

what do you guys think of them as a range extender pack also does anyone know their normal cost as i cant really find them anywhere on the internet

Traction control on or off.

Have been running without since i build it last year and just noticed it being off.

• On
  • Off

0 voters

1 Like

is that a 3d printed wrench

1 Like

how do i reply to the pictures and nothing else thread

2 Likes

You can call it that yes. A Nut tool.

What i do is : copy the link to the picture (there is a share button below)

Enter the ā€œReply to pictures and nothing elseā€ thread.
Open a new reply, paste the link and write what you want to reply.

Additionally tag the person you are replying to because i donā€™t know if they get a notification by just copying the link

4 Likes

aight thanks