Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

As far as I remember, those are just stock charging ports from Aliexpress. They were rated up to 5A. @xsynatic charging ports you got last time are full metal, and they should be able to handle more. Like 8A. I would say touch then during charging, if they are warm, you are near their limit.

2 Likes

yep, the first ones plastic with 5A rating. Havenā€™t used the metal ones yet.

Could someone share a link for a good Bluetooth module? Donā€™t think the 5$ eBay ones are worth it?

https://metr.at/shop

This might be too fancy / not be compatible with smart bms?

It depends? It definitely works with the diebiems. Not sure what you have or what the comparability is.

maybe ask the creator

1 Like

fuckin frenchā€¦ fukin germansā€¦ :grin: :joy: :grin:

okā€¦ real n00b question hereā€¦

ā€¦asking for a friendā€¦

so d00d exhumes his decreased girlfriendā€¦ I dunnoā€¦fuckinā€™ covid crazyā€¦ ZI donā€™t ask too many questions where dead bodies are concernedā€¦ but I digressā€¦

he wants to wear her de-skinned fingers as a necklace, but he is discouraged by their colorā€¦
I tell him to wash them good in soap, scrub them good, and put them in a hydrogen-peroxide bath to them whiten upā€¦
Itā€™s after 1am here and heā€™s only got a small amount of H202 aroundā€¦
I tell him to steal his boyfriendā€™s hydroponic pump and springlers and put them all in a plastic box with a H202 sprinkler bathā€¦ soā€¦ long story shortā€¦

will it work?

4 Likes

Well Iā€™m looking for a replacement for this.

what the fuck

7 Likes

To see if hubs are dead, I can use the continuinity test on my multimeter and probe two phases, they should not be connected together right?

1 Like

They are absolutely connected together. All three are, either in a Delta (triangle) or Wye (Y) configuration.

You can check the resistance between each pair of connectors and if theyā€™re different you have a problem.

You can also check continuity between any phase and the case - There should be no connection here.

You can also perform the Hand Spin Test:

Spin the motor by hand with no phases connected to anything or eachother.

• there should be little to no drag, and should feel smooth.

Connect two phase wires together and spin.

• There should be jerky resistance to spinning. (repeat 3x for all combinations)

Connect all three phase wires together and spin.

• There should be strong, smooth resistance to spinning.

If any of these outcomes are not the case, then you have a problem.

5 Likes

The resistance is like 0.05 ohms in most cases. Trust me, it will beep.

2 Likes

How dangerous is bearing clicking? Is it possible that bearing locks soon, or I am good enough to do another 100 or so km?

1 Like

bearings of your wheels?

1 Like

Exactly!

iā€™d get new ones, they arenā€™t that expensive. If a bearing clicks itā€™s pretty bad
the bearing could fall apart if you ride alot. But iā€™d just use them untill donā€™t work anymore and as kook said, take some with you when youā€™re on a ride

2 Likes

Depends on the clicking.
Some of my bearings click too and get slightly stuck in a certain spot in the Rotation but turning further resets that until itā€™s at that point again.

Havenā€™t had a fully locked bearing yet

ā†“ what kook said

1 Like

bring a sk8 tool and some spares and ride her till she bucks yaā€¦ if it gets worseā€¦ swap 'em outā€¦

2 Likes

Yeah I have spare bearings at home but I am far from home :sweat_smile: also I have those 3dservisas cnc hubs, removing bearing is no easy job, escpecially somewhere on the road.
Last 2 days I hear clicking sometimes. I can not say if it affects rolling or not, but it gives me some fear riding fast.

front wheel or rear?