Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

go electric mate…

1 Like

electric is good for it’s own purposes, sometimes manual drivers are better for things that require a little more precise control. Electric driver would prolly strip these little screws

7 Likes

yeah i strip screws the whole time going electric…

but still so much easier

1 Like

oh, also dude, GET THESE

just do it. trust me. Ball end is where it’s AT. Let’s you get into all your motor screws and what-have-you at those weird angles.

5 Likes

i have stripped so many hex nuts yet i still cant justify buying really expensive hex keys

1 Like

and thats your problem. Not one stripped screw si ce i have that kit.

@whaddys 39$ is a bit expensive?

I usually see it floating around at 20-25

but fully second this set!

edit :

3 Likes

if i found a used set for like 15maybe

also my dad buys me most my bolts since he uses them for his gardening projects (sheds, new fences etc…)

goddamnit @Halbj613 THINK OF YOUR FUTURE SON! THINK OF THE FUTURE OF YOUR FUTURE ESK8’S–GET GOOD TOOLS :joy: :joy:

yeah for sure, don’t follow that link was just showing the product. I’ll find a cheaper one and fix that. Seriously though, buying these has made my life so much easier

edit:
can’t find em cheaper in the US actually rn, maybe get @KaramQ to look :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

got it :slight_smile: Fully agree! Such a nice kit

@Halbj613 buy proper tools! Buying screws over and over again is more expensive

2 Likes

i know but my dad wont fund hex tools cause he has a good electric screwdriver with drill bits

he will pay for new bolts though

are you taking them with you when you ride? What if you need a tool while riding?

1 Like

got my hex keys which constantly strip my bolts… and when im lucky they strip themselves

about to make a big order from mouser so probablly will get some good ones from them and get my dad to pay…

that says it all.

my wera keys saved me from trashing a motor mount + screws.
I used a tiiiiny bit to much loctite. My hand had an indentation afterwards from the force i needed. Bolts and keys are fine

2 Likes

Any good budget (really budget) wire stripping tool? That snips off the isolation from 30AWG up to 12AWG?

a knife

4 Likes

i know i am looking now for a used pair in the uk

Okay for one single wire. But if you have to do this 40 times a day?.. With thin 30AWG wire? You always end up cutting the wire too :(…
That’s why im looking for a clean solution

Also you need to use a lot of force. Imagine doing this with this kind of wire soldered to your arduino.
Goodbye connection.

i think the ratings speak for themselves ^^

@Niklas If you have many thats another thing. i usually just press the wire at the knife and roll it lightly.

ok well fuck that wire you have :laughing:

the cheapest are probably from aliexpress or your local Obi. (10-15€ i assume?)

3 Likes

with 30awg just use you nail god dammit :joy:

over wise just get some cheap ones of amazon, these are silicone wires, not electrical wires

2 Likes