Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Just wanted to ask if someone can recommend one. I found this on Amazon, but I don’t know how you change the awg setting or is this done automatically?
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B002BDNL4Q/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_i_VEPQEb2HJNY4B

You can adjust the length it cuts and wires from 0.2mm^2 up to 6mm^2

But how is this adjusted :0

Again… For more than 10 wires this is pure pain in the ass.
I think I’m gonna buy the Amazon one :slight_smile:

1 Like

yeah i dont trust amazon reviews for anything

i look on which… it does reviews on everything

i think it does it automatically, depending on how thick the wire is it adjusts the “force”.

if you buy it, let me know how it goes

2 Likes

My wheel pulley + wheel don’t fit the axle somehow :frowning: did I do something wrong???
Using 184mm Caliber II and 54mm wide (97mm big) wheels.

1 Like

The silver bearing from the pulley stops the wheel to completely go on the axle, so I can’t nut it down :frowning:

Square peg, round hole. Your pulley is hitting the hanger. Not compatible without shaving down the hanger to fit inside the pulley, or getting a pulley with a larger inside diameter opening,

1 Like

I’m afraid I don’t think your quite right. It’s not the hanger blocking it, but the bearing inside the pulley
I’ll add a foto
What do you think?

Turned up the lighting to make it more visible

The pulley has enough space right?
Its just the bearing making the wheel+pulley to long for the axle

1 Like

If the pulley opening doesn’t hit the hanger at all, then I’m wrong.

1 Like

Also, the wheel is still spinning, so it’s not blocked by the hanger I suppose. Rather the bearing blocking it from being shorter

It doesn’t! Uploading: VID_20200430_120357.mp4…
Wobbly because one bearing of the wheel is not on the axle

Isn’t that tbe problem we talked about that the dicky pulley depending on the version needs a support bearing + e-caliber axles?

Or the pulleys that shares a bearing with the wheel.

1 Like

I will see if that works out :slight_smile: though I think I couldn’t get it that much inside the wheel

Hold up I’ll test it out

1 Like

I’ve never used these bolt-ons, but that does ring a bell.

1 Like

Just two bearings total per wheel, right?

1 Like

Could be the solution, 3 bearings seem to many:

But the teeth would be hidden under the wheel so I can’t mount the belt :frowning:

Everything would fit if I took the bearing out. But this might be torture for the wheel core as the belt is pulling it

Help im about to cry :joy:

look at this.

this is my wheel pulley and it has it’s own support bearing.

if i use that+ the regular wheel bearings I can’t mount it because the support bearing takes away the space.

if i remove the bearing i can mount it

but then the pulley doesn’t have any support stopping it from moving so it flops out.

for that reason i need e-caliber axles.

your pulley is a hybrid of that. It should remove the inner wheel bearing and exchange it with a wider bearing that acts as the inner wheel bearing + the pulley support bearing at the same time.

2 Likes

So I should try taking one original bearing away and using the pulley one instead. Will try
Thanks!!!