Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

if the wheel pulley bearing is wider, yes.

i need 3 bearings. You need 2. 1 normal on the outside of the wheel and 1 wide one that sits inside the pulley AND the inner wheel.

2 Likes

I got that, my concern is that the pulley teeth don’t stick out from the wheel… Not more than 1-2mm
So if I get the pulley deeper inside the wheel by using its bearing as wheel bearing too, I don’t know if the pulley teeth will be hidden inside the wheel so I can’t put the belt on
…
But it seems that’s the only thing I can try.

I really want to, but my dad kicked me out together with our dog… Will try in 20min or less.
Really curious if that’s the solution!

Btw: everything besides the motor and battery arrived :)!!!

1 Like

Bearing can’t be shared with the wheel???

1 Like

The red one would fit!!!

I’ll just get the silver one from the pulley out (?)

what pulley did you buy? because if the pulley has an extra bearing (3 in total) then it won’t work. those are called press fit pulleys. you also have bolt on pulleys that don’t need that 3rd bearing, but some have the option to have it, which defeats the purpose of bolt on really but anyway. remove that 3rd bearing from the pulley maybe

1 Like

edit:
so it’s the bearing? that doesn’t fit???! too small?

Yes, thought of that too!
I got the dickyho mounting kit

1 Like

that would be correct yes. Bolt on usually not need a bearing because they are already held in place. If you convert it to pressfit you need it. Try it without bearing @Niklas

that kit weirds me out somehow

1 Like

Can’t get the bearing out :frowning:
At least by using the put it on the axle then wobble thing

You need to remove the larger support bearing in order for it to fit on normal caliber axles.
You might need to file down the hanger a bit in order for it to fit properly.

If you want to keep the support bearing you need e-caliber hangers with longer axles (or any truck with longer axles) OR you need to modify the normal caliber hanger to expose more of the axle.

1 Like

Oof… I can’t get it off by using the normal method. My hands are feeling like theyre bleeding xD
How to get it off easily?

put the pulley on the other way around and press in the opposite direction

(teeth where the wheel would be and spokes where the teeth would be)

1 Like

Sorry, I don’t get what you mean ^^
I’m trying like this with shaking it

1 Like

Put 1 or 2 spacers on the axle and then do like in @xsynatic 's video above

@Niklas and give it a good wack

My bearing is on the opposite side

And the side of the photo should be the one it went inside. Try what i did. If needed put a book or pice of wood and top and work with a mallet.

1 Like

With that I’ll get the red one out I think?
And I need to get the Grey one out :frowning:

I can’t get any of them out. I really tried

how’d you get it in?

1 Like