Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Lol

I was just to dumb to get what you tried to explain.
Finally got it and worked without much force. 5 seconds haha
Thanks!
So Iā€™ll just take the bearing out and use two wheel bearings inside the wheel?

Yep try that. Just the 2 wheel bearings and your pulley without any. Bolt that through the wheel core and check if it works.

Tightened it all up, works like a charm.
Itā€™s a bit Wobbly (eiert in german) and hits the axle sometimes. Though if I could eliminate the wobble I wouldnt need to file the truckā€¦

1 Like

@Niklas you could use a 8x22x10mm bearing and one normal 8x22x7mm bearing and a spacer in between, that should still fit on the normal caliber axle.
The 10mm bearing goes inside the pulley and helps a bit with the wobble.

1 Like

Some fine tuning needed. Did you tighten the bolts in a star pattern?

1 Like

Didnā€™t we try that and recognize that its no solution? @xsynatic

Yes I did

1 Like

The bearing of the wheel now falls out when the wheel is not mounted with the nut. Is that bad?

The large bearing is a 8x24x7mm I think, this is the support bearing that comes with the pulley.
Normal skate bearings are 8x22x7mm
My suggestion was to use a 8x22x10mm bearing that engages the small 22mm diameter lip on the pulley, not sure how much it helps but it will keep the pulley centered on the axle at least.

This would be the same as having 3 normal 8x22x7 skate bearings (+ spacer inside the wheel) but I think this is too wide for the normal hangers (bearing, spacer, bearing, bearing; 7+10+7+7mm)

With the 8x22x10 bearing it would be bearing, spacer, wide bearing (7+10+10mm), this might fit :man_shrugging:

Ideally you would want a setup with the following:
8x22x7, spacer, 8x22x10, 8x24x7
but this is not possible without a longer axle

1 Like

Is it a problem that my bearings fall out of the wheel when put in?
Normally they would hold them self in it :frowning:

Some do, some donā€™t. It depends on the wheel. No need to worry unless itā€™s super loose and moving around in the bearing seat.

1 Like

When tightened with nuts it doesnā€™t move at all :slight_smile: seems fine!

Does this look good so far?
I only tightened one of the clamps for the truck hanger, the other one canā€™t be accessed and would go through the hole hitting the edge of the truckā€¦ Is this okay? :

bring the clamp/mount a bit closer, you want the wheel pulley and motor pulley aligned. also donā€™t forget loctite after you have finished.

1 Like

The motor mount is the wrong way around, the flat side goes towards the pulleys

5 Likes

excellent spotting lol

3 Likes

Oh yes, didnā€™t pay attention since the motor has yet to arrive. Tightened everything as much as possible. Still have minimal wobble on the wheel pulley so that I get this:

Can I ride with this and it will get away or should I really damage my truck by filing it :frowning:

Is the wheel wobbling or just the pulley?
You can try to square it up by inserting the large bearing in the pulley, put everything on the hanger, tighten down the pulley and then remove the support bearing.

Try to get it as straight as possible. Based on the sound in the video something is misaligned.

1 Like

Thank you for your help today!
Really great to have you guys! Donā€™t know how often I would have failed without your help. The wheel pulley is pure perfection :slight_smile:
Doesnā€™t touch the truck any longer and sits very very close to the motor mount!

Where should I use locktite? Like for which screws? :slight_smile:
Will this make it permanent or can I unscrew again after it?
Is there a German company that sells this :)?

2 Likes

every screw needs loctite unless the screw already has some on it (blue stuff on screw). Often motor bolts have loctite already but not always.
As for loctite look here

Use 243 most of the time. 263 is like almost unremovable.

1 Like