Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Thanks!!! Iā€™m so happy how everything works :slight_smile: only need the motors, second motor kit and battery with enclosure :slight_smile:
Everyday thereā€™s parcels that arrive at my door. Itā€™s like Christmas :slight_smile:

1 Like

So I would use locktite on both the axle grub screws. Should I use it for the wheel pulley too? What about the motor screws?
Are these an alternative to locktite in cases where nuts are used?

loctite on every arrow.

Orange are the motor screws once the motor is mounted and in the right position.

Yellow on the opposite site of the red one next to it.
Your axle nuts donā€™t need loctite. Thats what the nylock nut is for

3 Likes

phillips head screw on outside of the hub

1 Like

Now thatā€™s an Instruction even better than IKEAs
Do you have a Link for 243 locktite?

Just your typical Amazon/Ebay search link.

I bought mine from aliexpress and some locally i think.

The loctite from china is a knockoff thats more like glue but still works. 50ml for 5ā‚¬ i think.

1 Like

Haha, yeah I think you can call it knockoffā€¦
LOCTTLF - Quality from Henhel instead of Henkel lol

1 Like

Good one, Niclas.

2 Likes

mine looked like this. It even is quality from locttlf instead of henhel or even henkel :smiley:

this is what arrived

(bought fully knowing that itā€™s a cheap knockoff) But hey, it works

1 Like

How are you supposed to flex with it when thereā€™s not even the stickers?
Nobody is going to believe you, you have some real and pure LOCTTLF there.
Even I donā€™t know if I should trust youā€¦ Many people buy the cheap fake LOCTTLF out there not knowing you must have the LOCTTLF quality label hahaha

Iā€™m gonna get one too!
Maybe I get the rare quality by LOCTTLFā€¦
Quality by Henhel would be okay too

Sadly shipping time is really longā€¦ Until June :frowning:
Would you maybe sell me your awesome LOCTTLF quality LOCTTLF loctite? @xsynatic
Iā€™ll treat it like itā€™s holy water

7 Likes

anyone?

1 Like

Sorry, man. Doesnā€™t ring a bell.

1 Like

Weirdā€¦ I just donā€™t want to get scammed of my hubs.

but thanks for the reply

On another topicā€¦ After a veery long time i jumped on my 95% broken bike and reaslised again how much ā€œfunā€ it can be to ride everywhere and not be a criminal. (well except my sore ass and legs)

With my allergy in the back of my head i thoughtā€¦maybe an e-bike would be another option to my boards.

The question is :

buy e-bike
buy e-bike and modify it (speed, range, power)
build e-bike

(iā€™m not sure about the last option legal wise. If your e-bike needs certifications or so)

• build e-bike
  • buy e-bike
  • buy e-bike and modify it

0 voters

1 Like

@SeanHacker recently bought an e-bike and seems to like it. Mayhaps he will share his thoughts with you.

1 Like

that would be nice. Things i have to keep in mind is : ebikes are only allowed to drive up to 6km/h on itā€™s own. If they can ride over 6km/h they need insurance and i think you need a license. Push assist bikes are allowed up to 20 or 25km/h.

my plan obviously is being able to ride with more than 6km/h without my input. (vesc and metr for the win iā€™d say) but i have no idea how to realize that.

2 Likes

Also, keep in mind youā€™re going nowhere building this yourself. You could buy a kit from China, but these are hub motorsā€¦ Would buy one and maybe make the battery yourself cause they overprice them (as anything in germany).

Well youā€™re not going nowhere, but I donā€™t think itā€™s actually easy to make a motor with gearing and all thatā€¦

Yeah i had the hubmotors in mind, they are pretty plug and play. Battery i could use my esk8 ones if the voltage fits.

1 Like

Voltage fits, 10S-12S is standard I think