Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Yup. Using one right now and it’s all good.

1 Like

anyone know how to remove the can from a turnigy sk3 motor? I removed the c clip but it’s not budging (something other than magnetic force).

2 Likes

I think it was @Zach 's idea- try bolting the motor to a motor mount plate, step on the plate and pull upwards.

4 Likes

@zach has a great technique for this.

2 Likes

One step ahead of me today.

2 Likes

yeah i tried that it won’t budge =(

ok i didn’t try that ill try it lol

1 Like

\

life is hard. any other ideas?

1 Like

@kook :arrow_up:

1 Like

I want to replace the motors on an old evolve bamboo GT. I know a lot of people use the 5065 140kv racestar, however I was looking at the H5065 140KV flipsky motors. They come with pulleys are are basically the same price. I assume these are pretty much identical. Does anyone know if these will be fine?

Remove the indicated screws, then try again.

4 Likes

bingo pteradingo!
!

5 Likes

Can someone explain why the Flipsky 4.12 VESC has a CAN Bus option, but it’s not recommended to use it? Because of the hardware?

Canbus is fine and works great/as intended, but you have to be careful with it. Because if the canbus cable is connected to both vescs, but only one vesc is powered on, it can blow the canbus chips. This happened with my Focboxes last year.

3 Likes

Okay that scares me enough… Sad there’s so much you can do wrong with your VESC :frowning:
I’ll just use them individually with their one receiver

1 Like

how did you even remove the can screws??

Mine don’t turn at all. I’ve tried heat but after ten minutes holding the soldering iron against it, it’s just hand warm.

2 Likes

don’t worry too much. Just keep that in mind. Usually there isn’t even a reason to unplug a vesc when its still connected.

2 Likes

honestly I had to be tactful after taking a bunch of different screw drivers to them and almost stripping them. Luckily my roommate has a set of really high quality screw drivers. MAke sure you don’t use crappy ones that will strip them, and hold the screwdriver perfectly perpendicular to the cans and put alot od pressure on. Gotta be a quality screwdriver tho not to strip them =/

2 Likes

I hear this a lot, even with hex keys and additional tools. What is it in particular that makes some better than others? Material ? Shape? Combination of both? Other stuff ?

How do we determine a good quality day screwdriver vs a not so good one? (Or tools in general)

1 Like

This is a good driver set

these = crap

3 Likes