Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

arenā€™t vesc based escā€™s yuuge compared to like a x-rotor type esc? i assume thatā€™s what youā€™re tryna do, power a multirotor

iā€™ve setup and uploaded firmware to a tb4.12 hooked up to an alkaline 9v cell, for what itā€™s worth

1 Like

NOPEā€¦

Iā€™m doing sumpinā€™ "for science" donā€™t waana brick a +$100 motorā€¦ so I figgure Iā€™ll see if I can test and log a $10 quad motorā€¦

also donā€™t waana brick a FocBox so Iā€™m keeping my fingers crossedā€¦

in some respects qwad ESC software is way more superior to VESC, but for logging and testing I need something I can manipulate and logā€¦

but thanks for paying attention

quad motor :heavy_check_mark:
FocBox :heavy_check_mark:
4s battery :heavy_check_mark:

hold my beer Iā€™m going inā€¦
:beer: :beer: :beer:

4 Likes

i consider it a real honor to hold @kookā€™s beer

i have my fingers crossed that you can get the commutation of all four motors synchronized on one focbox

1 Like

Only 1 at a time ā€œfor scienceā€ all 4 on 1 motor controller would make a variable speed fanā€¦

:joy: :joy: :joy:

EDIT:
4s works! I perved around a little and in the battery section the options go down to 1sā€¦ just leaving breadcrumbsā€¦ VESC lower operating voltages go down to 1s

1 Like

Anyone here knows where to get a dirt cheap female servo cable?

1 Like

hobbyking is good for stuff like that.

also

https://www.servocity.com/electronics/wiring/leads/servo-leads

possibly ebay then?

1 Like

Anyone using the BKB Gps module in the US? How is the coverage?

GPS coverage is the same anywhere in the world - Thatā€™s the advantage of satellites. As long as the module can pick up the signal for at least three satellites at any given time (there are always at least four above the horizon at any given place and time) itā€™ll work. More satellites means better accuracy.

2 Likes

Can you use the 5V pin of an arduino as an input?
I thought itā€™s output only.
How do you power an arduino with 5V (without USB) ?

Got this question because of this diagram

1 Like

There should be a Vin (voltage in) pin near the 5v pin that will take a range of voltages inā€¦
While the 5v pin technically works as an input, low-quality supply voltage can burn up the regulators on the board, making it and you into very unhappy campers.

2 Likes

Exactly! I donā€™t see why SolidGeek would make this dubious decisionā€¦ But itā€™s true that VIN only works when you apply 8V-12V

1 Like

Any reason to choose this:

Over this:

SolidGeek has the above one in his parts list but he mentioned its bad quality - I just want to make sure I can use every Nrf24 module and treat it the same. Does the antenna help with the connection?

Mindfuckā€¦
Whatā€™s the differences???

[Though I still donā€™t know if a zigzag pattern or a standard antenna is the better option or if there any differences, I now know whats the difference for some of them. Some have just a different connector, but some have PA and LNA. PA stands for power amplification, idk why itā€™s used. A low-noise amplifier ( LNA ) is an electronic amplifier that amplifies a very low-power signal without significantly degrading its signal-to-noise ratio]

Edit:

Found gold!!! :slight_smile:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/lastminuteengineers.com/nrf24l01-arduino-wireless-communication/amp/

That would probably be whyā€¦ Necessitates a boost converter if higher voltage isnā€™t available.

1 Like

I found two pretty old lipo batteries
3,7V 500mAh.
Both seem to be 0 volt and one feels like a balloonā€¦

Its swallen right?

The other one looks fine from the outside, but shows 0V as wellā€¦ Any hope to revive?

What are the green and the blue wire for?

Solder the wires directly on the receiver and ESC, and not use a cable at all. Besides, a cable can come loose.

4 Likes

@Trampa Is it possible to remove the annodisation on the vertigo trucks? Does it need to be retreated after to prevent rust or can they stay raw?

Can anyone help me desperate to get my board up And running today

Some form of communications, Iā€™d guess. Something serial most likely, but what protocol/baudrate/etc is anyoneā€™s guess.

1 Like