Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

@Athrx

what on earth does the current status of this parcel mean

Item has been included in a Royal Mail Sales Order.
huh??

Whoever is handling your parcel bought a batch of deliveries as a company. I don’t think you were meant to see that part of the tracking (also link doesn’t work).
Try to get a tracking number that works with royal mail’s tracking system as they are way easier to figure out (they have like 6 steps total)

1 Like

i know but this is a 4px tracking number

i had a royal mail one but managed to lose it

not sure why link doesnt work and thanks

Go here , put your 4px tracking number and it will generate your royal mail tracking number on the top. It works for me (maker-x is delivering through them. Slow af)

1 Like

Loose connection between the vesc and receiver maybe. Or you plugged in the wires in reverse :grimacing:

1 Like

Well mine is already in the UK so should be with me soon

Also @athrx checked and should be with me tomorrow or in two days

Royal mail has it in a mail centre around an hour from me

1 Like

Same thing with me. I think 4px has a weekly plane or something. Mine arrived in the uk like 2 or 3 days ago and it’s sitting in a distribution centre, delivery is tomorrow with royal mail tracked 48. Oddly similar

1 Like

Awesome

Yeah mine waited in China for like a week before being shipped then it went quite quickly to the uk

1 Like

When i asked them how much it takes to deliver to the uk they said 8-9 days… then it took them 5 days to dispatch it. That was 3 weeks ago.
Bms from dickyho arrived 2 weeks early in the meantime

1 Like

Anyone find their Vx1s are dangerous to use? Acceleration seems fine but braking over UART/PPM locks the tires almost immediately even after messing with ramping time and braking curve. Same problem across 2 VX1s and doesnt happen with my mini.

1 Like

Adjust max motor and battery braking amps?

1 Like

Id rather use a different remote than lose braking power.

The only thing I noticed with the vx1 is a short throw distance… But its linear through it’s range…

Not really, i find my braking a bit too soft atm. Need to dial it in more. What mode are you running? current, duty cycle…?

The PPM signal is linear throughout its range for sure, just the second it exits the deadband I start burning rubber from the wheels locking up.

@xsynatic current control, 80a bat 100a motor -15a bad -70a motor, max negative ramping time and max exponential braking control doesnt change anything.

That is definitely not what I’ve experienced… I found it more sensitive, but both in brake and acceleration… Setting a neg exp curve helped a bit

Do caliber mounts use “normal” bushings? Are there specific lengths out there to look after? Just realised they’re cooked and squeaky af.
Also, what’s the name of those retaining discs they end in?

Regular bushings, but many variations of shape and hardness to play with. The washers can be changed also to tune how it feels. There’s a bushing help thread ran by riptidesports specifically for bushing help, would recommend look through there…

2 Likes

Its like the remote doesnt react past -20% PPM signal, theres this tiny window in the throw where i can slowly stop but its way too dangerous to ride and I cant risk locking up my wheels everytime I hit a stopsign or see a car. Ill try to solve it for the next build, mini remote has been very good to me.