Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Ah yeah, a one shot pull is definitely much easier goalā€¦ Although I thought it would be fun to build an esk8 similar to those electric car skateboard platforms but stand on itā€¦ As to whether it is ridable or not is entirely different story

so a baja board?

1 Like

Much bigger and less crappy parts? lol. Maybe something along the size of a very long go-kart?

haha, yeah. I imagine if you wanted to take a bajaboard to 100mph youā€™d end up replacing 95% of it.

The longer you make it the more I just want it to have 2 wheels like a motorcycle/speedboard. Wonder how they would fair at high speeds vs a standard longboard + trucks?

Well a motorcycle definitely has no problem with speed, but the steering is also a little different. The speedboard guy claims itā€™s really stable at speed but who knowsā€¦

My imaginary board would have fly-by-wire control where the steering is done by servo and turn rates are adjusted based on speed. Then the rider can wear a suit containing multiple IMU sensors which the board computer then uses to keep the board under the rider in all cases, for ex if it detects the rider is falling left after hitting a bump, the board will make a quick left jerk to recenter the riderā€¦ Something likeā€¦ assisted high speed balanceā€¦ Thatā€™ll let the rider hold high speeds consistently over varying terrainā€¦ Thisā€™ll fix those times where a crash happens faster than the rider can respond, the ones where youā€™re on the ground before you can figure out what even happenedā€¦ the computer would process all this and respond 100x faster. Especially at speeds exceeding 100mphā€¦

I think the problem becomes retaining traction vs balance. Balance usually becomes easier at speed. Youā€™d need some intelligent suspension to make up for the imperfect susp that is our legs.

Yeah basically that. Much better traction control, magnetic or electronic valve suspension, steering and torque vectoringā€¦ A lot of things needs to happenā€¦ Thatā€™s where it gets real expensiveā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ll keep it under 50 on public streets, tyvm. Higher speeds are for closed courses.

1 Like

Well, in some ways itā€™s closer to a stand up motorcycle than a fast esk8ā€¦ With a platform that size and enough ā€œfeaturesā€, itā€™d be more similar to riding around a street bikeā€¦

iā€™m sensorless alreadyā€¦i did have thermal throttling onā€¦i turned it off.

2 Likes

Has anyone an alternative for MBoards enclosure? I really like the design and the measurements are great too, also it comes with mounting screws. Sadly shipping is 20 bucks to EU/GER.
Measurements needed inside the enclosure are: 35cm-50cm x 15cm-17cm x 2cm-4cm
First value is min second value is max
Anything that comes to your mind?
Needs to beat the 50 dollars for the MBoards one :slight_smile:

so confused what my parcel is doing and where it is

started in geramny should be delivered to the uk

https://www.dhl.de/en/privatkunden/pakete-empfangen/verfolgen.html?piececode=CY+231+166+907+DE

is it in germany right now or will it be delivered today

thanks

1 Like

Try these guysā€¦
https://eskating.eu/product-category/enclosure/

1 Like

Schrodingerā€™s parcel. Until itā€™s at your door, it is both in germany and in the uk

4 Likes

always hated that story about shrodingers cat

its stupid and just doesnt work

1 Like

Hereā€™s a good visualisation. You know theyā€™re fucked, yet you can see them in one piece right there

11 Likes

YEah so right now they are still alive and fine

Then doing PPM setting in the vesc tool, that causes the signal to always jump around? (Help)

is it possible that drv is fried WITHOUT having any visible marks on it? getting DVR fault in realtime data

started motor detection and then Focbox started blinking red led (3x, pause, 3x, pause), still can be connected to VESC Tool without any problems

12s FOC config by the way, motor checked, no shorts

I tried different FW and motor already :slight_smile:

Yes. Most DRV faults show no physical evidence.

2 Likes