Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

How much do Evolve DKP trucks extend the actual wheelbase compared to tkp trucks?

What is up with the different values I got on the motor detection. On other set ups they are usually much closer…
Any trouble shooting I should do?

If I were to use this 100A switch, could I just take the two wires that go into my antispark and connect them to this?

DKPs are about even w/ the front of the baseplate. De-D them and they sit about 35mm back. Typical TKP trucks tend to sit 0-20mm back. RKP sit further back; 50-70mm. Ofc all of these are effected by baseplate angle.

1 Like

You’ve answered the question yourself :slight_smile: that’s what an antispark module is built for

1 Like

have you opened these up? Do you happen to know the stator size?

anybody?

Bueller?
Bueller?
Bueller?

1 Like

is there a way to test a battery’s max continuous current?

The 2 wires that go into your antispark… So your positive and negative?

And you want to join them together and hit a switch?

:grimacing:

I did.
There are no pillow bearings or hard nipples on these motors. Stator is big
Unfortunately didn’t measure nor I have a pic to show them lol

2 Likes

thanks!
did the stator look appreciatively (~25mm) longer than a 6374 stator?

1 Like

Oh yeah. It’s bigger than 6374 for sure

2 Likes

Your antispark should be two positive wires, not one positive and one negative though.

2 Likes

Just making sure you had the correct 2 wires before boom. My antispark has 2 positive and 2 negative, 1 set of each on in and out.

1 Like

I was thinking:
If you run a 6355 on the exact same settings as a 6374(not exceeding the current limits of it) would there be a diference in performance?

how much padding is to much for the battery…I’m worried the battery may have to much pressure on it. Fiberglass BB enclosure battery is secured to the enclosure with Dow Corning 737 Neutral Cure RTV Sealant around the sides and two way tape on the bottom with foam rubber strips on the top (deck side). 10 ply redember 44 deck.

1 Like

Depends how the battery is built. If you’re not crushing any PCB, the cells themselves can take a moderate amount of pressure. I think, if you can close the enclosure with your hands alone, you’re fine. If you gotta stand on it and use bolts to close it, prolly excessive. Foam tape is good because it can compress

4 Likes

oh cool. i’m good then…thx.

1 Like

What would be an ideal cutoff voltage for a 12s4p 40t battery?
Cutoff start and end in the vesc tool.

Battery cutoff start 36V

battery cutoff hard 33.5V

4 Likes

Thank you :+1:

1 Like