Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

an arduino is under $20, a screen is $9 and arduino IDE is freeā€¦ 30 bucks, plus a connector and a favor for someone to print you an enclosure.

you saying $30 and patience arenā€™t your thing?

2 Likes

PM me about UART 7 pins cables if you are in the US. I just bought some and could probably get away with shipping it in an envelope.

2 Likes

I ordered them already, and live in Germany anyway :slight_smile:
But thatā€™s a lovely offer! Thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well I already have Arduinos. But still, I donā€™t have anybody to print me an enclosure, donā€™t know if enclosures are free to download somewhere. The display and enclosure with shipping should be about 20ā‚¬. So why donā€™t go pre-built and be on the safe side, and saving yourself work? :slight_smile:
I can still do it DIY style in the future some day, but as for now, I want as little possible problems in my upcoming build as possible.

Do you have experience with the OS Davega+:)

itā€™s not the destination, itā€™s the journey. some do it for the tingly sensation when you plug it in, turn it on and it works after so many tries of it not working hahaha

5 Likes

Thanks dude!

1 Like

Feel you :slight_smile:
Iā€™ll 1. Make it work 2. Make it better

2 Likes

I have to advise against thisā€¦
Velcro =/= structural. Your enclosure will fall off if you mount it that way.

2 Likes

My enclosure + electronics will be under 2kgā€¦ Iā€™ll test if it will hold to the board :slight_smile:
The Stripes are advertised as 3,3kg each

1 Like

@b264 what is your VESC settings for Battery Voltage Cutoff Start and Battery Voltage Cutoff End on LiFePO4 cells?

I admire your braveryā€¦
Iā€™ve seen ā€œ4kgā€ industrial velcro fail to hold up a weight of maybe 100g because of vibrations.
Donā€™t underestimate the impact of vibration. Would you rather spend a few hours now securing the enclosure with proper fasteners, or way longer fixing everything when your enclosure gets dumped on the road at speed?

3 Likes

For 12S LiFePO4 Iā€™ve settled on

voltage cutoff
start 34.8V
end 33V

There is a thread though for that

4 Likes

Which alternative to screws is there? :slight_smile:
I might add: its not velcro like on shoes. Itā€™s some kind of plastic nipples but works the same way. They hook into each other. I canā€™t imagine vibrations breaking that hook connection up. My abs box will arrive soon. Iā€™ll put something thatā€™s heavy inside it and ride my unmotorized longboard for a long period of time :slight_smile:
Iā€™ll see how it will work out!

1 Like

One question that always bothered meā€¦ could soft (or hard) voltage cut off on vesc be triggered during hard acceleration on low-ish battery due to voltage sag?
@b264 @BluPenguin

Please can someone assist, I have had a Flipsky 6.6 dual for a while and utilized a PPM signal for my remotes, but I have recently bought a VX2 Pro. When I connected it over Uart and configured everything it was only working with one motor and not the other, but swapping uarts it would start working with the other motor instead. I realised that it may need to connect to both uarts so i added another Uart connector to it and it powers both motors, but the telemetry is no longer working correctly, so I just utilized the TX to power the motor without receiving telemetry, but now my speed is showing as incorrect, (Expected but the Amps being used is also half), could anyone let me know how i could change the gear settings on the remote to reflect the correct speed?

Apologies if the above is a mess.

Ok, mushroom tape I can have a little bit more confidence inā€¦
As long as youā€™re doing your due diligence making sure itā€™ll work :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This is what I got at home for now. But Iā€™ll search for a stronger one maybe :slight_smile:
I guess thatā€™s not what you meant with mushroom tape:
51 u4yK-2mL.AC

Which of the two would you recommend?

1 Like

Ya, this is called mushroom tapeā€¦ The little nub things look like mushrooms which is where it gets the name.

1 Like

Oh, haha.
So thatā€™s stronger than velcro, right?
I tested with a small strip - holds to the board extremely well. With even pressure thereā€™s no way to get it off. Only peeling with a knife but I guess my battery enclosure wonā€™t do that :).
My only concern is how well the adhesive side of it sticks to the ABS of the enclosureā€¦ I will see!

1 Like

Yupā€¦ If you get to a point where voltage sag will put you in that voltage range the answer isā€¦

yes

2 Likes