Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Absolutely it can. Even undersize wiring could. It is what voltage your ESC reads, so drawing too many amps for the cells, low voltage to start with, long wires/skinny wires with too much resistance dragging the voltage down, etc etcā€¦

Ideally the best method would to be to input the capacity of the battery and have vesc reference total power used via a coulomb counter to prevent cutout with power remaining in cellsā€¦

1 Like

Thatā€™s pretty slick. Nascar air scoop.

1 Like

Now i just need some sponsor stickers.

Yes, it is much better than velcro. If the adhesive is an issue you could try something like CA or epoxy or somethingā€¦

1 Like

Hi guys.

Just a question about my board and hadnā€™t considered this before.

Thatā€™s the thoughts on putting my ESCs in with my battery pack in the middle of my deck on my offroad board?
Obviously Iā€™d extend the phase wires with 8 gauge, making the total distance about 20 cm longer.
The reason behind is trying to keep everything waterproof.

Help would be welcome.

Cheers

1 Like

Should be fine, longer has been done.

1 Like

Thanks mate, will give it a shot

I remember a guy from Castle Creations (esc manufacturer) saying they had a guy use something like 80 foot long phase leads with no issueā€¦ Somethink about a rudder on a blimp?

2 Likes

Jeesus okay shouldnā€™t be a problem then! He mustā€™ve used some low gague wire, keep the resistance down.

What causes creaky trucks and how can I fix it?

bushing creakā€¦

put some soap, some wax or the like on the bushing seats

3 Likes

Iā€™ll try it out right now

Thanks!

A pair of decent headphones works too.

2 Likes

From my experience (attaching stuff to drones), mushroom tape is actually worse with vibrations that the true hook-and-loop stuff - Itā€™s more rigid, so it doesnā€™t have as much movement to absorb the vibrations.

You gotta realize that a vibration/shock load situation can impart a force of dozens or even hundreds of times the objectā€™s mass onto the fastener during the peaks. Velcro isnā€™t good in tension, itā€™s good in shear, and the application of sticking stuff ot a skateboard is almost pure tension.

3 Likes

Bolts. Or more specifically, machine screws screwed into threaded inserts. Donā€™t use wood screws.

6 Likes

Iā€™m driving myself crazy, I canā€™t decide super carves or tb218ā€™s?

TB218s or BN220s unless you need the height / length / snappiness of the DKP super carve trucks.

2 Likes

Best budget <100A VESC you can recommend? :slight_smile:
Is there anything like the Flipsky one in better quality?

Which one to pick? 40ā‚¬ or 60ā‚¬?
6384 170kv

6374 170kv

1 Like

Very noob question: How do I disable the motor temperature limits in vesc tool? I still want sensors, just want to disable temperature due to the bug in FW 4.2

1 Like