Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

People do the same with flower potsā€¦ i really canā€™t recommend it. the plastic around the screws will fail real quick since the vibrations are so strong. you donā€™t wan the guts falling out mid-ride :sweat_smile:
That would make an awful crash with many broken parts. you could always ask @BigBen what small enclosures he has as they are amazing quality and a very reasonable price. it depends what size battery you are wanting.

2 Likes

I can choose if i want a more rectangle or cubic oneā€¦ I think id rather have 5cm for the battery in order to keep sfae from breaking the battery in half

1 Like

the plastic material will break. We always use either abs, fibreglass, or sometimes carbon fibre.
The other option is topmounted like @rusins did with one of his builds (canā€™t remember where).
he used a very big pencil case velcro-ed down to the board

2 Likes

I have a build in the works where Iā€™m doing that; but I think you have me confused with someone else.

1 Like

ah oupsā€¦ then i canā€™t remember who did it then. it was a big pencil case at the back of the board

?

Would I have to worry about the deck flex though?

I am in need of two simple vesc, with priority being cheap and fast delivery in the Eu in these difficult times. Any reason not to buy these? Wanted to try the x makers small ones, but the China thingā€¦

Edit: I would use x makers remote, witch conects to ppm and uart, does this make a difference in buying a single or a dual unit?

Iā€™m going to buy the same ones, nothing wrong with them as far I can tell :slight_smile: couldnā€™t find a better deal

Here is my board. It does flex pretty much, but do you think it will cause problems?
If so, do you happen to know really budget options with similar look/shape?

How much do Evolve DKP trucks extend the actual wheelbase compared to tkp trucks?

What is up with the different values I got on the motor detection. On other set ups they are usually much closerā€¦
Any trouble shooting I should do?

If I were to use this 100A switch, could I just take the two wires that go into my antispark and connect them to this?

DKPs are about even w/ the front of the baseplate. De-D them and they sit about 35mm back. Typical TKP trucks tend to sit 0-20mm back. RKP sit further back; 50-70mm. Ofc all of these are effected by baseplate angle.

1 Like

Youā€™ve answered the question yourself :slight_smile: thatā€™s what an antispark module is built for

1 Like

have you opened these up? Do you happen to know the stator size?

anybody?

Bueller?
Bueller?
Bueller?

1 Like

is there a way to test a batteryā€™s max continuous current?

The 2 wires that go into your antisparkā€¦ So your positive and negative?

And you want to join them together and hit a switch?

:grimacing:

I did.
There are no pillow bearings or hard nipples on these motors. Stator is big
Unfortunately didnā€™t measure nor I have a pic to show them lol

2 Likes

thanks!
did the stator look appreciatively (~25mm) longer than a 6374 stator?

1 Like