Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Oh yah I mean have at it so long as you’re not going over the erpm for the VESCs or other ESCs it should be okay was just saying why I think 10S or 12S are common gotos. I ran a board on 6S for a short while but that was pretty underwhelming (was relatively low kv motor combo too though).

1 Like

Is there anyway I can use the flipsky Bluetooth module and the flipsky vx2 pro with the FSESC 4.12 at the same time? They both seem to plug into the same com port.

The reason why currently 8s is the overall package fit & benefits. With the 8s 800kv 200a on high discharge lipo it means the most possible watts in the smallest package, 5694 motor. With more watts than can be used gearing becomes the bottleneck. With proper gearing heat is now not an issue using 60% of a systems capabilities. With Low kv motors you are giving up watts per motor size. With high kv motors = more watts per motor size but at the limitations of final drive gearing. It’s all about finding a system that will balance and not within heat limits. Voltage does not matter. System balance is most Important. Find a motor rated the watts you need at the kv window that will hit your target final drive. 60% capable watts = load

Most everyone here hits their battery, esc or motor ceilings. MayPop setups.

4 Likes

Not with a single esc. You only have 1 uart port. If you have two esc you gain a second uart (and brakes that dont suck). VX1 is a better option in your case.

@Coreywolf or get yourself a uSplit

2 Likes

:arrow_up:

1 Like

Although, didn’t ricco say he doesn’t recommend it with remotes?

3 Likes

No idea. Just serving hot, fresh links to customers.

2 Likes

Might be a dumb question but I have 2 Boosted motors hanging around and I was wondering if they can be used on a focbox Unity, is the connector proprietary or can it be adapted to work ?

ive seen some talk about double kingpins, what are the advantages to a double kingpin vs single one ?

1 Like

Not the best answer to your question, but it kinda looks more dope on certain dropthrough bamboo decks and the carving feels nice, but both look and feel are subjective , not everyone’s cup of tea

1 Like

higher off the ground,
More turn (as you’d expect)

will throw you off if you try go faster than 40km/h without knowing what you’re doing i.e wobbles.

basically a truck with more bushing meat to play with
also as robert said they carve good, and in my exp they take u-turns well.

1 Like

Thanks, guess i dont need them

I know nothing about boosted motors, but worst comes to worst you can just chop off the connector and solder on your own. Electrically they’re identical inside.

3 Likes

Yeah the boosted connector just takes the 3 wires and throws them in their weird connector. How many wires/pins are on the connector?

There are 9 pins, I’m gonna guess the 6 other are for the sensors, maybe it could be possible to wire them like a sensored motor

Yep, exactly. I have a set of hubs that have a 9 pin higo connector that I’ve considered doing the same to.

1 Like

…

↑

@fessyfoo

yeah. i saw that next. :smiley:
but you didn’t reply to yourself… so now there’s a reply.