Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

I literally just mean with regards to available pulleys haha. I donā€™t think there are any custom from forum members, just the two teeth options from Evolve. Is all good, can adjust via drive gear

Oh, well, skate kastle does those CNC alum. pulleys that I cannot justify springing for because fk damn theyā€™re expensive, but boardbumpers have nylon inject pulleys for more reasonable price (in aus though so idk how shipping gonna be right now). Iā€™ve ran the BB 29T and 36T variants and they last probably 2x longer than the stock evolve material. and I think a lot of other pressfit pulleys can work if you just change out the bearing to a 10mm ID one, since thatā€™s really the only difference.

Pretty sure this is literally just dickyho components

1 Like

I wonder what connector bestech D140 12s BMS uses.
Itā€™s 2 cables one is 9pinns the other one is 4pin

They have different names pitch etc. Does someone have the answer? The website doesnā€™t have anything on the connector.

well, donā€™t overvolt with a charger that gives more voltage than whole the pack collectively requires.
the Bms should simply balance each cell so one doesnā€™t get more than the other.

the amount of voltage safety etc is unique to your BMS so have you read the specifications?

That sounds quite nice and safe I like that much more than Iā€™d like 4.21.
thereā€™s not much of an energy difference range wise there but you miss out on some initial umph
but prolong your battery lifespan a little (just an undebatable little)

this may not a helpful thing for me to say, but d140ā€™s have shipped over the years with a variety of different connectors. i would post clear photographs so that our resident connector fiends can chime in. although the true fiends hang out in the bbc thread

1 Like

Tnx for the tip Iā€™ll try over there. And I find the model number it was purchased early 2020.model bestech D140-Li12S15A-05

I didnā€™t know where to put this question, so here ya go.
Where can I find well made, steel, D-shaped shaft hole motor pullys? (18 tooth preferably if they offer it)

1 Like

something like this?
let us know where you at so folks can find you options with less expensive shipping

**edit: these were not the pinions that @Rob was looking for **

1 Like

I hate em hoes. Not gonna buy from em.
The main thing I need is the D shaped shaft hole to get rid of the pesky set screw because my motor has no key way.
It could be aluminum but Iā€™d like to be cautious and just go steelā€¦ :man_shrugging:

Iā€™m confusedā€¦ even with a D shaft and a matching pulley, you still need a setscrew to prevent axial movement and rotational wear over time.

Most people with a D shaft just use a pulley with a round hole, and a couple setscrews against the flat of the D. Machining a D shaped hole to tight tolerances in steel or aluminum is a couple orders of magnitude more pain in the ass than a round hole - Basically youā€™re limited to broaching, or wire EDM, both of which are extremely slow and expensive compared to drilling/reaming/boring. It ainā€™t worth it for anything other than injection molded plastic knobs.

2 Likes

yeah yeah it could slip off the shaft, but your looking too much into an oversight in my message. Sure, let it have a build in set screw, but you canā€™t deny that the D shape would help when these set screws come loose as they frequently do.
Do I care that it is hard for them to machine?
No. I just need ta find one.

Flipsky and evolve sells D pulleys in steel but only 15T

Boardbumpers also sells a 12T and 19T in the D profile in steel. Some 20T aluminium floating around on ebay

1 Like

Oooh so closeā€¦! Iā€™m running an 18/40 setup on 190kv, I got plenty of heat already, not looking to go much higher. Thanks tho, didnā€™t even know those guys existed

just different belt tension ?! Or should I check VescTool for inconsistancies? [dual superfoc canbus]

Have you tried taking the belts off and hand spinning the wheels to see if theyā€™re equal? Itā€™ll help narrow down the issue a bit.

2 Likes

Thanks ā€¦ I will try that

While the belts are off, run the same test in the videos and see if the motor cans slow down at the same speed too. Good luck.

3 Likes

That one wheel is fairly out of round as well.

1 Like

Yes it shakes