Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

It really helps to have your generic location set in your profile when asking for purchase advice :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

As well as the tooth count and width.

And material, wheel and/or motor pulley? 8 or 10mm motor shaft? slotted for a key or flat spot or neither? push fit or bolt on? kegel or abec? room for a support bearing or not?

Anyone in need of belts can save 29% right now at V-Belt Supply by using Promo Code: LEAP29 at the checkout.

5 Likes

is there a reason very few people use 11s battery configuration?

1 Like
2 Likes

Because VESC was calculated with even numbers.

No its more because when you have odd number packs, your battery pack might come out in a weird shape unless you custom built it for a specific thing. 11 P groups is going to have one sticking out.

4 Likes

Hell yeah. Thanks!

I liked it because it’s a good question, not because I know the answer :wink:

4 Likes

If quality is your goal then @3DServisas is your answer

4 Likes

They have a reverse core afaik

1 Like

What does that mean?

I don’t understand my belts.

Every now and then i get squeaky/whiny belts

Here an example :

I was able to fix it temporarily when i make them
wet ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) or rub the outside in with an Antitranspirant Stick. That only works for around 25km until they need their next treatment.

At first i thought that the idler is the reason, but after buying shorter belts and using it without idler the problem came back. Weirdly enough if i rub the Antitranspirant stick on it, it goes quiet exactly like if i were to use the idler.
But that doesn’t make sense at all, why would the belt be quiet after rubbing something on the outside that doesn’t even touch anything??

2 Likes

I’m ordering Surf Rodz 200 mm RKP trucks. Could someone please give me some guidance on axel size to choose?

50x10, 60x10, 70x10, or 80x10?

Plan to pair them with Torqueboard 110 mm wheels if that is important.

1 Like

Hows your belt alignment? Maybe the pulleys are off-axis and it’s rubbing against the edge of a pulley guide

I’m sorry, unrelated question but in Germany is the antiperspirant you buy entirely English on the front?

7 Likes

@b264 asking the important questions.

10 Likes

the wheel pulley doesn’t touch anything because it doesn’t have a flange, the motor pulles if relatively close to the flange that COULD cause it. -

Edit : they are both very close or might even touch it. Although the Antitranspirant only touches the top, not the sides of the belt. And no matter how many times i adjust them, the belts always want to stick to one side.

@b264 Now that you mention it, good point. Its usually German, the back has always German and english or depending on the product multiple languages. (Food definitely needs to have German by law)

I got it from the store my mother works at, they had something similar where they had to send back a shipment of products because it was in russian. This could be the case but i probably bought it before they recalled it.

1 Like

Its not uncommon for HTD to pull to one side due to the spiral winding inside. But it should shift slowly under power, not be jammed against one side.

1 Like

what i forgot to mention is that the sound only appears while accelerating and braking (not 100% sure about breaking)

If i freeroll its silent, so just under active tension