Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Thanks Mate! It was just a Software issue… Weeks of problemtracking and searching for the issue… And the answer… software…

7 Likes

I feel like I saw this video somewhere

I had quirks with my DD with 4.1 changed to ach fw. Likely only tested on trampa esc.

3 Likes

My last part, 12s4p battery, arrives tomorrow for my first DIY board. I’m having vesc tool anxiety for I’ve never programmed one,dual flipsky v6. I’m 50+ years old and not overly computer literate. Any advice?

One specific question: I’m using flipsky vx2 remote which is not plugged into ppm. Do I need to program anything for this remote in the vesc tool? Otherwise just tape up ppm harness on fsesc?

1 Like

Hello,
I got some resistance on one of the motors with my TB Direct Drives while one is freerolling easily. They are both tightened the same on the axle and the motors are secured. I don’t have a battery yet to test them under power yet, is this normal ? Is one rolling too easily or the opposite ? Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

(warning, vertical video featuring hot fingering action of DD)

1 Like

Are the phase wires touching?

3 Likes

I will try again making sure they don’t when I get back home and report. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can’t help you with the VX2, but everything you need to step through programming your vesc is in the official Vedder web site documentation.

Or you can go with the very popular Ackmaniac version, explained here by the bearded man who wears frilly dresses in private:

2 Likes

If you use the UART ug yoh don’t need to program anything in the vesc tool (just make sure that UART is enabled as an input)

The rest has to be configured o the remote itself.

If you were to use ppm(pwn) you’d need to do the inlut wizard.

Will that fit to Caliber trucks?
also, what fit u do between mount and clamp? 1mm on diameter is ok?
(Should I do a 29mm?)
Thanks!

Snitch!

snitch 2

3 Likes

To protect your Unity, I would not depend on the antispark it has, it’'s cheap and weak, it works… but if it breaks replacing it is a mundane task.

Anyone have recomendations on The best type of Bearing to use with the Enertion Raptor 2.1 Silver Hub motors ( im aware there are like 4 motor versions ) more seeking the most efficient type of bearing.

https://shop.eriks.nl/en/bearings-ball-bearings/

shopping here.

Most roads i ride are perfectly smooth, but theres also a fair amount of bumps on other routes, 70% of the time it’s perfect roads.

I replaced them with standard Enduro steel bearings, no prob so far.

You can’t protect the antispark on the Unity. It’s default off when you plug it in, so any antispark you put before that is pointless.

But you can short it out can’t you?

What are the connector sizes for the ports on the fsesc 4.2?

Antispark plugs just have a resistor in the first part of the plug so it slows the current when first making a connection if there are a bunch of capacitors like on the VESC at the end of the wires then current rushes in at the moment voltage is applied and if there is any sort of air gap it will ionize the air and arc across, this is the only thing an antispark stops really. For short circuit protection you need a fuse or in the quad world for testing purposes a “smoke stopper” basically fused or current limited supply.

3 Likes

How do you figure out what size belt you need for a pully? So far I know it needs to be a -5M-15. I just dont know the distance. I am using a 15 tooth on the motor and 54 on the wheel.

1 Like

I tried again making sure the phase wires were not touching at all. Nothing changed unfortunately, but thanks for the suggestion !

When rolling the motor by hand I can feel that the roll resistance is medium at some part, then become harder for a bit and get back to medium…

Any other suggesion ?