Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

i suspect my voltmeter eventualy being the cause of this but i don’t know how to check if it is.
ty for the reply

depending on the model of it, u can stick it in ur house socket to see if u r getting the right voltage

only do this if u know what u r doing, and be careful about it

2 Likes

Even that might not be constant due to load fluctuations on the grid. For example, my UPS currently measures 123V from the wall, while I’ve gotten slightly different values depending on the time of day.

yeah it did read 221 for me but the only setting i have for my multimeter are 2, 20, 200, 500 so i need to set it on 200 to read the battery’s voltage.
i have no idea how accurate multimeters are at such a voltage range.

yeah
sadly he bought them and then asked me to help him
not really worth selling
easier to change gear ratio / wheel size more easily

1 Like

@Venom121212 Would you be so kind and show me a picture of how far the valve stem extends outside the hole in the five-star hubs? I’m assembling them after a long time and don’t know anymore on how far it has to go outside.

Enough?

4 Likes

Which pivot cups from riptide can I use on boardnamics adjustable baseplates? The caliber ones? (If the caliber ones, which ones? Since there’s 4)

Hit the " :arrow_down: All" button to download the firmware list. Once that’s done you should be able to pick.

1 Like

A good meter should have a tolerance listed in the manual or specs.
A common figure for a decent one would be +/- 1-2.5% at most across any individual range, plus a few least-significant digits.
I think mine is +/- 1%, +3, and it’s no Fluke.

39.8 is definitely a bit on the low side for a 42v charger.

1 Like

I’m pretty drunk but I’ll try my best cappn

5 Likes

Looks good to me

4 Likes

Mine sit about the same length out.

Nvm you said 5star not rockstar

1 Like

Can someone please help me?
I just got a hoyt puck and plugged in the receiver, paired it, and set vesc to PPM but I can’t get it to control the throttle. The throttle isn’t disabled on the remote, and the wires are correctly paired to the receiver. Receiver light is solid red.
Flashed my firmware again but still can’t get the remote to give it throttle.
UART with my FS vx2 works fine.
Could someone please help me im definitely being a dummy.

Krylon Fusion works great for most plastics. Haven’t looked into it since around 2012, so there may be more options today. Krylon Fusion ol reliable tho.

1 Like

You are correct! I just bought krylon fusion last night and painted the enclosure today. Works great and seems not to peel off as well, solved my issue. Guess I was using the wrong paint

1 Like

If you single click the remote power button, does it keep lighting up?

2 Likes

If I click the power button the lights go off, click it again and they turn on. It isn’t disabled don’t worry, I didn’t double click the power and disable it. It’s turned on but still won’t give the board juice
Idk if it’s worth it to note but when I turn on the vesc with the remote off the receiver flashes quickly a few times than begins flashing slowly.

2 Likes

Can’t tell you if that’s supposed to be. I never looked at my puck receiver since i installed it.

Did you do…the remote calibration in the vesc tool?
Did you enable a throttle mode in the vesc tool? (Duty cycle, smart reverse, reverse with brakes etc etc)

4 Likes

it might be a stupid quesetion to ask, but did u set the PPM on the correct side? FS dual ecs still rely on the internal canbus to communicate, sometimes this is overlooked when setting up

3 Likes

Good catch

3 Likes