Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Which ESC setting do you have selected on the Vx2

1 Like

FocBox since I have the stormcore. Should I be selecting FSESC?

I’m not 100% sure, the vx2 does weird things sometimes. You may have to end up switching the pins around. You could try fsesc first though

1 Like

Yeah just tried changing it still nothing :frowning: . Ok I’m guessing there is a thread pertaining to switching the pins around? Thanks for your response!

1 Like

That’s pretty low for a street build. Assuming you can sell them, switching the motors to 190kv or higher would be great to increase speed while keeping the same amount of startup torque, assuming ESC permits.

2 Likes

Hm… I personally would probably put it back into FOCBOX mode, then switch the orange and green wires

2 Likes

Sounds good will give it a try :blush:

It worked!!! Thanks bro! :blush:

3 Likes

Oh good, you’re welcome.

2 Likes

Anyone know if the puck sold on LaCroix’s site comes with the receiver itself? Or just the cable and enclosure for the rx? (Not buying from Hoyt directly since I’m buying some other stuff from them already)

Side note – which should I get: freesk8 remote or puck?

freesk8 is dope… but it’s also 2x the price. if you’ve got money to burn go for it.

2 Likes

Don’t tempt me with a good time…my wallet hates me :laughing:

1 Like

Freesk8 ftw!

1 Like

Need input.

Maybe it’s in my head, but I redid my motor setup and board feels slower on the top end than before. Stormcore 60d+/two turnigy 6s wired in series to make 12s/dual Flipsky 63100 140kv motors/HFI

Maybe I’m just capping out at the top speed of the 140kv motors, but I feel like I’m still getting lower top speed than before.

Use a GPS speedometer app (or other method) to get an accurate top speed, then work your way backwards through the speed calculation to figure out what your maximum ERPM is. (Or just get the ERPM value via telemetry if you have it)

From there you should be able to compare it with your theoretical maximum and see how big of a difference there is.

There will always be some difference, from loaded vs. unloaded, as well as voltage sag and everything else, but I would expect better than 85% of theory.

1 Like

hi guys does this look right. Dont wanna burn anything. Look at wiring cant find schematic on the motor sensor or the remote my setup is
Esc Spintend Single 75V
Remote Spintend Uni1
Motors Flipsky 6374 140KV Battle Hardened
Batteri old chinese 10s2p Dont know specs it have 42v fully charged but the range has been better for 3 yeas ago.
1 will somthing burn if i plug in
2 Bonus Question! what batteri spec should i put in vesc tool.

1 Like

ok nothing burned
but now when i plug in to vesc tool to update firmware and setup motors.
Should I not get options to select model and version of firmware in this window

Hey,

i recently bought a 10S 3A charger on amazon and it outputs 39.8V without any load on it.

is this normal our should i get a new one ?
[charger reference]

something is wrong, u supposed to be getting 42V

2 Likes