Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Nice! Glad I could help

4 Likes

I tried it for the first time today and I’m very happy with it. Rides like a dream :heart_eyes:

I had a Trampa before and it had more torque but this was quite sufficient. The Trampa almost threw me off the board :joy:

Having a hard time connecting to the VESC app though.

1 Like

Replace the motor pulley with a bigger one, rather than shrinking the wheel pulley. Same effect, but easier to do.

2 Likes

20t already not easy to find bigger ones
we are choosing to go for 8 inch wheels instead

Oh sorry I misunderstood. Okay that’s interesting, but i still need an example as to comprehend :rofl:

2 Likes

Hmmm example could be like this:

AC power goes into device - > gets rectified into a DC waveform

These rectifiers have the ability to accept the input AC wave in either polarity, and still output the same polarity of DC signal. It has to do with the way that the diode arrangement modifies the AC signal.

Now say this device has to power both DC and AC loads. DC load would be fine at all times, and the AC load would probably have additional circuitry to make sure the load runs correctly, or it would be a load that doesn’t care which way the AC is fed into it.

3 Likes
4 Likes

What can I use to paint a textured enclosure? Trying to do a graphic, tried painting today and all that happen was the paint peeled off the enclosure. The paint sticking on the board, any recommendations?

1 Like

What’s the enclosure made out of? Probably need to prime it for the paint to stick.

The issue is more about the enclosure material rather than the enclosure’s texture.

That said, a good scuff sanding with 80-120 grit sandpaper would probably be advisable. Gives the paint some mechanical tooth to grab.

Finding the correct paint and primer is the right answer though - Something designed for wood will not work well on plastics, for example.

2 Likes

It’s like a textured plastic, the paint I got was made for wood, metal, plastic, etc so I don’t know why it didn’t work

Should’ve done that :man_facepalming:t3: The paint I got has primer in it and designed for wood, plastic and more so that’s what confused me the most, might need to sand it or look for a whole different kind of paint, designed for plastic.

1 Like

In my experience, jack-of-all-trades paints designed to work on everything, rarely work well on anything.
Plastic is just extra-annoying.
See if you can find out specifically what kind of plastic it is. Knowing that, should help you find a paint and primer combo that will work for you.

Sime kinds of plastic (PP, PE, and acetal come to mind) are just too slippery and have such a low surface energy that nothing will stick.

3 Likes

I got the enclosure from Amazon, I’ll try to see what kind of plastic it is. All I know is it feels a little rough, it’s hard, gonna have to do research

Need input guys.I run HFI but was keeping the one working hall sensor I have plugged into VESC to monitor motor temperature

I recently changed my enclosure and had to plug the sensor into the other side of the ESC. When I try to look at the temp on the VESCTOOL app there is some outrageous figure.

I plugged the hall sensor into the other side again and got accurate readings.

Is there a way to make VESCTOOL pull temp readings from the side of the VESC I want it to?

Awesome, I’ll see what I can do. It sucks cuz I’m working overnights and that kinda puts a damper on things.

1 Like

Hey guys, im in trouble with my vesc setup

I have writing 110A max batt/motor on each side, 160A absolute max per side, configured the master on ppm + uart and the slave with uart only.

My problem is the cut/fault abs_over_current hit at 160A on each hard start acceleration, seems vesc read 160A for both and not for each side, on metr i can read 80A on each side at the faults moments.

10AWG from vesc to battery, only XT90, 12S lipo 16Ah 15C (240A theorical) , dual vesc6 mk3, aps63105…

What did i do wrong ?

Try doing ppm only first or maybe your current settings are switched around for motors/ battery. @Phil

1 Like

Ok ppm on both vesc ?

even if they switched its 110A motor and 110A battery, so no big deal i think

Hey guys running into a small issue with my vx2 pro. I finally got everything plugged in and ran the motor wizard, setup the vx2 settings, made sure UART is selected is the desktop app. But it still not giving any signal to the motors to spin. Did I miss something? Is there another setting I can play with too see if it will change anything?

Thanks in advanced for your help :slightly_smiling_face:

Little explanation video: