Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I have a ubox spintend FW5.2 + uni1 remote and BN AT with FS motors. If I push the throttle very slowly I can get only one motor to spin at a time. Is this normal? If I push the throttle normally then both spin. I had no problem with my gear drive with setting the mesh and both roll well when I roll with my hand.

I rode it for a bit down my street and it worked fine…

Yeah, that looks normal to me. Both sides can have slightly different start points/deadzones/whatever, and the startup behavior can be a little weird as a result. Just goose it a little, and it’s fine.

3 Likes

I have a flipsky antispark RTS switch and it works nice but the thing is my esc (ubox spintend) goes after the switch and it has its own power button.

Here’s a video. The RTS is essentially useless because I still have to press the esc button. Is there a setting I can change in vesc tool so the ubox turns on without it’s own button? Or else I will create a connection from the FS RTSS button to the esc button port.

I would say just ditch the antispark. The ubox switch is antispark on its own.

I’ve looked, and there seems to be no way to bypass the ubox switch, and it can’t be set as rts either.

1 Like

Aww :sob: I really want RTS! How does the esc button work? There are three cables, white red black. When I click the button to turn it on then does it connect the red and black wires together? Could I just wire them together so the esc is always on?

Dunno, sorry.

2 Likes

this question is probably better to ask in the ubox thread

1 Like

I just need to know how the three wires work in this pushbutton switch. I messaged spintend power on fb. They’ve been very helpful in the past :crossed_fingers:

What is canbus and could it be because I ran the setup with that? Also when connecting the esc to my laptop I used the left micro USB, does it matter which side I connect to? Did that automatically make the one I connected to master, and the other is slave?

I don’t own a ubox, and the manual has none of that info. Sorry dude, I can’t help you with this.

1 Like

They said I can short the black and white wire permanently!
Now esc power will be controlled by my RTS switch!

1 Like

Has anyone run a 4wd setup using 2x of the Hobbywing belt drive ESCs? - Electric Skateboard ESC For Ownboard W2 M1 – ownboard

They’re decently powerful and can make for a good 4wd setup, however, I don’t think they have a CAN interface and the remotes can only be paired with one ESC at a time.

there are special version which the remote can connect to 2 esc and work in 4wd setup, but its gonna be a trial and error thing unless u buy a 4wd prebuilt and gut it, or a brand specifically say its a 4wd version

do you know where I can buy these special version ESCs?

no sorry, i don’t.

why not vesc tho? for a cheap 4wd setup, u can get away with using small esc like makerx mini foc

I really like the control curve on the hobby wing esc’s not to mention for the price they come with a remote and an anti spark switch that have proven reliability

not sure where u would find it available online, the only two in-production boards that runs 4wd hobbywing esc is exway atlas (belt) and revel kit (DD), and neither of them have esc replacement that u can purchase :man_shrugging:t2:

but even if u can find them, im not sure how well ur own motor would work on the ecs

1 Like

I was going to use their 5045 270kV motors. I have 2 that I’ve been using for over 1.5 years now and they have no problems at all

Just got notification that MBoards has Focboxes in stock! :hushed:
Not sure if I should grab a focbox or Trampa VESC

Any Opinions 12s8p?

Don’t.buy.from.mboards (they are not worth 300usd)

Here’s a unity for 165$

6 Likes