Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Open the ESC case up and check the wiring.

1 Like

This feels too close, this is too close right?

1 Like

Clearance is clearance just crank them bolts down and get riding :wink:

It is a bit close, but I think if the motor plates are secured well enough it won’t matter… I think

2 Likes

Yes, this is problematic and the reason I despise bolt-on pulleys.

The press-fit pulleys that ride on the axle with a bearing are really good.

3 Likes

VESC TOOL SETTINGS: @ the Current tab. Is this ALL per motor? Including Battery current max?

batt and motor current have their own setting, same goes for both regen parameters

each value represents only one side / one motor setting

(except for unity running 23.46fw or lower)

1 Like

what is the best ride tracking app? can’t use freesk8

1 Like

Freesk8 works on android and IOS tho no?

it says I need a robogotchi before I can start a log

1 Like

oh yeah haven’t noticed that :confused: it’s pretty much having to pay premium, it’s pretty normal I think but sucks for sure

1 Like

okay really stupid question but can anyway tell me which way the trucks / bushings are supposed to face… I am building my first board and I’m just confused on that part. I have the torqueboards trucks. thanks guys :slight_smile:

You have RKP trucks, which means “reverse king pin”. So the big bolt (the kingpin) should face outwards. (Away from the center of the board) If in doubt, you can turn the trucks by hand and figure out which way they turn :slight_smile:

As for bushings – usually harder / wider / thicker bushings go between the hanger and the truck baseplate / board (called boardside), because that’s where the weight sits when you’re not turning, and softer bushings (or smaller) ones go on the outside of the truck, between the hanger and the road (called roadside).

1 Like

When you push down on one side of the deck, the wheels should get closer together on the side you pushed down on.

1 Like

can you rename a unity ble dongle so it shows up as something other than “unity BLE 1.1” ?

Rivnuts removed. Got ez lok inserts. Redrilled holes because they were off a little and that caused a screw to sieze up and I had to dremel the screw in half. It’s so much better now. Thanks.

5 Likes

ever have vesc_tool connected to unity ble refuse to write any config change? but able to read everything? and then occasionally successfully writing?

Type a message…

Unplug ur uart device

1 Like

lmao hahahaha

1 Like

In need of wheel advice…
My 107mm abec flywheels are beginning to chunk a bit, and they ride surprisingly rough for 107mm wheels.
I was considering upgrading to 100mm torque boards wheels, I get a little torque upgrade also.
Does anyone have experience/advice regarding 100mm torque boards wheels? Or any other wheel recommendations?
I was eyeing boa 100mm wheels too but I’ve heard that their company is scummy.

2 Likes

Maybe wait for momentum wheels? They r supposed to be really good