Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

That could be a sign that your battery is degrading. But I would check your charger if possible.

How did you build a board without a mutimeter lmao

It’s such an essential tool to make sure you don’t blow up

3 Likes

i tried a different one, they charge to like 41.5 but then it falls to 40.7 pretty fast

1 Like

i rather pump all the amps back into the packs and kill it, then not able to stop when i need to. i can always replace the battery, but i can’t replace my life

3 Likes

i also don’t have one :pleading_face:
the fluke multimeter currently sitting in my amazon cart is yelling at me

3 Likes

Can i use a spacer like this behind the wheel nut? Or is this a nono. Also. Do i need washers? Or is it ok without. :slight_smile:

You can, but there’s no real reason to use such a thick one on the outside, just use a small shim/washer between the outer wheel and nut.

What’s more important is that you have to make sure the axle is threaded fully through the nut.

1 Like

There is, because when i use 8mm spacer towards my geardrives, and try to tighten nut, i get to the end of the threads, and theres still a good gap between bearing and nut.

1 Like

i’m out. Not messing with someone elses Geardrives. No idea what spacing is needed or required to not cause a meltdown.

2 Likes

This probably goes here…

When I have flux stuck in the buttcracks of my pack, is it something I need to clean out? I already got as much as I could, but the rest just doesn’t want to come out. It’s hard to see the flux here, but I’ve circled where it’s located :

*Im using SRA soldering paste

I believe you might have to. I’m not entirely sure myself though. But a cleaner pack would be the ideal.

1 Like

I recommend you (and any other serious builder here) buys a 100 pack of speed rings / washers for reasons like this. Then you just stack up however many you need :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Yeah my local Aldi occasionally gets in variety sets of machine screws, washers, Allen wrenches (I keep a couple of €4 ones as consumables but they occasionally have decent vanadium steel ones too) and it’s such a lifesaver having small stuff like that on hand

Across the street from the Aldi, both about 400m from my bedroom, there’s a big engineering supply shop that stocks every fastener imaginable at trade prices with no MOQ as well, I lucked out so hard

2 Likes

And that ladies and gentlemen is why Ireland > UK

4 Likes

Can you mount matrix 2 trucks on Trampa decks?

1 Like

Yes, from what I can tell they use the standard 4 hole pattern as street trucks would.

1 Like

Missouri rider here also. Welcome to the forums it is what you make of it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They will help you for sure, we have them in our row here. :handshake:

1 Like

Should I reflow these FETs? Those two on the bottom left are mega crooked… I haven’t turned it on yet, I was just swapping power wires and I discovered it.

@Gamer43

1 Like

Yeah you might want to reflow that lol.

2 Likes